Nelson Kent ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Nelson Kent is one smooth talker, a romantic, and hilarious guy. He is one Campus Cutie you’re gonna want to read all about! He’s majoring in Biology (Pre Med) here at the U, and is the Director of Community Service for the Union Programming Council (UPC). Be sure to find out what his ideal date is because we guarantee you’ll be head-over-heels once you do!

Name:  Nelson Kent

Hometown:  Las Vegas, NV

Graduation Year:  2016

Major:  Biology (Pre Med)

Campus Activities:  Director of Community Service for the Union Programming Council

Relationship Status:  Single

Meet Nelson:

Describe yourself in 3 words.  Your prince charming.

What’s your dream job?  Pediatric Surgeon because I love working with kids.

What are 3 things you can’t live without?  Modern Family, Utah football, and staying fit.

What’s your favorite food?  The food isn’t as important as the girl across the table from me, but I’d choose filet mignon.

What’s your party anthem?  “Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift. Nothing gets me going like my girl Taylor.

What’s your favorite late night snack?  Cake batter ice cream with brownie and cookie dough from Cold Stone.

What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?  Vampire Diaries…don’t judge me.

Who are your celebrity crushes?  Taylor Swift, Rachel McAdams, and Emma Watson.

Do you have any secret talents?  I don’t know if I should admit this, but I can recite any Taylor Swift song!

What is your most embarrassing story?  The same as my best U of U memory, because I almost got us a penalty that could of cost us the game.

Boxers or briefs?  Briefs. A guy’s got to have some support.

Campus Life:

What’s your best U of U memory?  Beating BYU in 2012 and leading the rushing of the field 3 times in one game.

What’s your favorite class that you have taken at the U?  Anatomy. The human body is incredible!

Best study spot?  Any quiet spot that has a nice view.

Best place to meet girls?  You tell me. If I knew, I wouldn’t be single!

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on:  When a girl can talk sports with me

Biggest turn off:  Girls tht don’t take care of themselves.

What is a girl trend you hate/ don’t understand?  Constantly being mistreated by a guy who obviously doesn’t deserve them. 

What do you look for in a girl?  Some who is outdoorsy and loves adventures!

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?  She was on vacation for her birthday and since I couldn’t be there to spoil her, I ordered her favorite flowers to be in her hotel room along with a gift basket and two tickets for skydiving.

What’s your favorite pick up line?  “Oh my gosh, The Fault in Our Stars is my favorite book too!”

Describe your ideal date.  First I pick you up around 7:30. I know I said 7:45, but I showed up early because I can’t wait to meet your parents. Your dad and I get along great, but we have a big night ahead of us, so I promise him to get your home by midnight, even better than I found you. I open your door, and I made sure to have your favorite song playing when I picked you up. It’s Christmas time, your favorite time of year! We park at City Creek. We’re walking down the sidewalk and you say, “I’ve always wanted to ride a horse drawn carriage during Christmas time.” I know you’d say that, so I had already told the driver to be ready for us. He extends his hand and says something like, “Step aboard [your name].” Two cups of peppermint hot chocolate are waiting on the seat of our carriage. I know what you’re thinking; this guy is too good to be true! Just a you get done daydreaming of what our kids are going to wear to our first family picture, the carriage pulls up to a small park. There’s a dim light in the distance and we decide to find out what it is. There’s a blanket, a small fire, and two chestnuts waiting to be roasted once we get there. We cuddle and discuss our favorite Christmas memories as Josh Groben plays us his smoothest Christmas tunes. I look down at my phone; it’s 11:45 and I promised your dad we’d be home by 12. We pull up at exactly 11:59, just enough time to give you that kiss under the mistletoe. “Wait, there wasn’t a mistletoe here before,” you say. I know, I left it there when I showed up early to pick you up.

U of U girls are the best because… Not only are they the best looking, they’re clearly the smartest girls in the state because they cheer for the U!

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!