Need a Good Job in College? Learn to do Nails!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

When you’re in college balancing school, sleep, and trying to make enough money to turn up on the weekends is basically impossible. But what if there was a job out there that offered flexible hours and taught a skill that you could use to make money the rest of your life? Nailed Salon might just be the answer you’ve been looking for. 

Nailed in a cute little salon/boutique located at 875 East 700 South. They do nails, waxing, facials and peels, teeth whitening and lash/brown tinting. Their services are always completed in a high quality and sanitary way! It is the perfect salon to make your go-to spot.

Right when you walk into Nailed you immediately notice the fun and friendly atmosphere the workers create. Everyone is talking and having a good time and they all seem to really enjoy their jobs. Working at Nailed is a good job for college students because it is fun and creates a community for you outside of the University of Utah.

At Nailed they are going to start offering a Nail Apprenticeship Program so people like you can come learn how to do nails! It is going to cost around $3000 which sounds like a lot it, but is actually a good deal in getting trained to be a nail technician. And don’t worry, the good news is… you can earn that $3000 back by doing peoples nails! Once you are done with the apprenticeship you can start earning good money as a nail technician. You are able to create your own hours when you work at Nailed to fit around your school schedule! If you can only work Tuesday and Wednesday nights, that is okay. They want you to be able to have a fun job, that wont interfere with your education.

If you are interested in applying download and complete the application here and email your resume to resumes@nailedboutique.com! Good luck applying!

Kim Davison is a recent graduate from the University of Utah that double majored in Theatre and Communications. She was the President of Her Campus Utah and a Chapter Advisor, a Campus Expansion Assistant and a Her Campus Ambassador Advisor for Her Campus Nationals. Kim loves theatre, event planning, dachshunds and strives to live her life every day to make Leslie Knope proud. She is currently searching to jobs in the media industry and is excited to see where life takes her!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor