Nathan Peterson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Meeting with Her Campus Utah on his very own 23rd birthday (Mar. 4), Nathan appeared in a green and purple outfit in honor of the Mardi Gras holiday.  He was as sweet as ever showing his bright smile and appreciation for Her Campus Utah for choosing him as a Campus Cutie.  Nathan has a delightful personality that made us (Tram Hoang; Paige Holmstrom) feel as if we all had been friends forever.  Below, check out our interview with Nathan Peterson. We promise, this is one Campus Cutie you are going to want to know!

Meet Nathan:

Name:  Nathan Peterson

Horoscope:  Pisces

Hometown:  Cedar City, Utah

Graduation Year:  2016

Major:  Health Promotion & Education

On-Campus Activities:  President of Phi Delta Theta fraternity, a member of the University of Utah Weight Lifting club, ASUU Assembly Representative

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus Utah (HC):  Hello Nathan, happy birthday! How old are you this year?

Nathan Peterson (NP):  Hey, thank you Her Campus! I am turning 23 this year.

HC:  Awesome, so are you ready for the interview?

NP:  (laughing) Yes, definitely!

HC:  Okay, first question. Describe yourself in 3 words.

NP:  Hang on, let me check with my friends! So… diligent, caring, and spontaneous.

HC:  Interesting! What is your dream job?

NP:  I’d love to help people and make this world a better place, therefore I ‘d like to work for some organization like World Health Organization or so.

HC:  That is really cool, Nathan. What are three things you cannot live without?

NP:  Outdoor activities, texting, and peanut butter.

HC:  What is your party anthem?

NP:  Party & Bulls**t (Ratatat Remix)

HC:  What is your favorite late night snack?

NP:  Graham crackers & milk.

HC:  What is your guilty pleasure TV show?

NP:  Adventure time (laugh hard)

HC:  Who is your celebrity crush?

NP:  Scarlett Johansson and Katy Perry.

HC:  Tell us a fun fact about you.

NP:  I own a hedgehog. It is the most adorable pet ever.

Campus Life:

HC:  What is your best U of U memory?

NP:  It was definitely in 2011, when I attended the first U of U football game after we joined the PAC 12. I went tailgating with all my frat brothers. It was absolutely the best feeling ever to feel like I was being a part of the U!

HC:  What is your favorite class taken at the U?

NP:  Sport Psychology with…actually the professor changed her name so I don’t know now, but she was absolutely amazing.

HC:  Where is the best study spot on campus?

NP:  In one of the womb chairs in the library. One day, I spent 12 hours in one of those to study Anatomy. True story.

HC:  Best place to meet girls on campus?

NP:  This one is easy, Greek Row.

HC:  Where is your favorite place to eat on campus?

NP:  Jamba Juice in the Union

Dating Life:

HC:  What is your biggest turn on? 

NP:  Good eyes & a nice smile. 

HC:  What is your biggest turn off? 

NP:  Flakiness.

HC:  Any deal breakers? 

NP:  Talking about ex-boyfriends.  I just feel like they aren’t interested in me then.

HC:  What do you look for in a girl?

NP:  Well to be honest, a lot. Someone who is sociable, loves the outdoors, adventurous, spontaneous, and loves traveling.

HC:  What is the nicest thing you have ever done for a girl? 

NP:  After Christmas, I picked up my ex-girlfriend (girlfriend at the time) from the airport, and I got her a huge bouquet of flowers.  I then drove us back to Greek Row and told her to get ready.  Afterwards we went to The Roof restaurant, right next to Temple Square which, is a really fancy restaurant. She had no idea that any of this was going to happen!  I gave her a bunch of presents, but we weren’t supposed to get each other any.  So basically, it was super cool. I think that is the best Christmas I’ve had so far!

HC:  Describe your ideal date.

NP:  First, it must be somewhere tropical like Hawaii. In the daytime we would go for a hike or to a crystal clear lake with a waterfall for a picnic. At night, we would go to a super fancy restaurant for dinner and after we would go for a night drive somewhere with an overlook.

HC:  What is your favorite pick up line?

NP:  (thinking) Hmm… I lost my phone number, can I please borrow yours?

U of U girls are the best because… they do business during the day and party up at night!

I am currently attending the University of Utah as a freshman, major in Accounting. I love fashion, style, writing and networking, that is why I love Her Campus Utah.
Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!