This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Recently, Her Campus Utah had the opportunity to interview Natalie Arico. Natalie is a film major and will be graduating in May. Natalie was one of the 40,000 students that apply to the Disney College Program, and one of the 400 students that got accepted, and will be working in merchandise this summer!

Her Campus: How did you find out about the Disney College Program?

Natalie: I first found out about the program a year ago when the film department sent out an email encouraging students to apply for the Disney College Program. I applied a total of four times, the first two times I made it to the phone interview, but did not get accepted. The third time I applied, I got accepted but did not want to delay my graduation. Now I am graduating and starting with the Disney College Program in May!!

Her Campus: For those that don’t know, what is the Disney College Program?

Natalie: The Disney College Program is a semester-long paid internship at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort. The program gives students the opportunity to work in a front-line role at theme parks and resorts. Students participate in college-level coursework, and can live in company-sponsored housing with other students. The program gives students the unique opportunity to network, participate in career development classes, and practice effective communication skills.

Her Campus: Which Disney location will you be working at?

Natalie: I will be working at Disneyland or California Adventure in merchandise. I don’t know exactly where I will be placed until I start orientation in May! I’m hoping I’ll get to work at Pixar Pier! I will be assisting Guests with their merchandise selection, sharing Resort information, answering questions, and making sure that every guest finds the perfect souvenir to make their trip more magical! 

Her Campus: How can people get involved with the Disney College Program?

Natalie: To get involved with the Disney College Program all you have to do is apply! You fill out the initial application on their website, if they like you on paper they will request a web-based interview. This interview lets them get to know your personality and determine if you would be a good fit for the position. After the web-based interview, they will offer a phone interview and then determine if you’ve been accepted. The process is a waiting game, but it is defiantly worth it! The application doesn’t close until March 23rd, so if you have always wanted to work for Disney check it out!

Her Campus Utah is so proud of Natalie for receiving this opportunity! We know she will thrive in the land where dreams come true; and with her talent and passion (and maybe even a little pixie dust), Natalie will be the perfect addition to Disney’s College Program. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor