Last Minute Halloween Costumes 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Last year we brought you an article filled with last minute Halloween costumes nearly anyone could recreate! This year we’re bringing you a ton more ideas that will have you rocking the costume scene.

Wednesday Addams

This costume is as simple as it gets.  Simply put on black tights, black boots or shoes, and a black dress.  You can cut out two triangles from white paper and tape them to the neck of the dress if you want it to look more legit.  Don’t forget to braid your hair!

Tourist

Time to get that old Hawaiian print shirt out of hiding! To complete the outfit, put on whatever shorts and shoes you would like, along with a hat from a vacation destination.  Complete the costume with a disposable camera hanging around your neck to document your touristy travels.

Greek Goddess

This costume can also be considered a toga theme.  Use any old white sheet you have and tie it around you until you’re cascading in fabric.  Add gold jewelry, belts, a headband, and flash tattoos to complete the look.

Victoria’s Secret Angel

A pink bathrobe, high heels, and angel wings are all you need for this simple and sexy costume!

Skeleton

This is an ideal costume for those of you who enjoy daring makeup looks.  There are a ton of makeup tutorials on YouTube that you can use to create your face into a nightmare-inducing masterpiece.  Once you’ve nailed the face, you can literally wear whatever you want.

Dobby

If you’re a Harry Potter enthusiast then you just may want to try this simple and adorable Dobby costume. Simply use an old sheet or blanket and wrap it around yourself.  Cut out the shape of his ears and attach them to a headband and that’s it! Wear any shoes you want.

Birthday Suit

Ask any of your guy friends if they have a suit jacket they don’t mind lending to you for the night.  Wear any outfit and shoe combination you want under the suit and add a party hat to finish off your punny birthday suit costume.

Scarecrow/Farmer

Put your flannel and jeans to good use! In addition to that simple outfit, wear cowboy boots (or any boot you have) and throw on a cowboy or floppy hat.  To make yourself resemble a scarecrow you can do simple face paint to make yourself look stitched together.

80’s Girl

Your brightest neon is needed when it comes to this costume! The 80’s was an interesting time for fashion, there really were not many rules, so feel free to throw on your brightest colors and loudest patterns to make this look pop! Put your hair in a side poney tail or tease it to the roof to finish the look off.

Hippie

With the fashion trends of today, chances are you already own everything to create this costume. Throw on bell bottom pants and a tye dye top and you’re set! You can also add in a flower crown and throw up peace signs for the rest of the night.

We hope you were able to find some inspiration for all of those last minute parties!

I have a deep love for mermaids, pitbulls, swearing, and all things involving food.  Shania Twain is my spirit animal and I'm a converted Belieber.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor