Kylie Jenner Edited Her Caption and I’m Not Happy About It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Unless you’ve been in a coma or living under a rock in the middle of nowhere, you are aware that Kylie Jenner was pregnant and gave birth to a “healthy, beautiful baby girl” on February 1st. A few days later, we got our first glimpse of the most famous baby in the world with the caption “stormi.” While I am lightly salted that she didn’t follow through with the name Posie- which was absolutely perfect- I am still very happy for Kylie and her newly growing family.

Being obsessed with all things Kardashian/Jenner, it’s not uncommon for me to go back and look at past posts of theirs a few days after their initial posting. What I found today was shocking and upsetting.

Kylie has changed the caption of her first baby picture from “Stormi” to “Stormi Webster.” Webster, is baby daddy Travis Scott’s last name.

Before I go into why this was horrific news to me, I would like to say that I fully approve of and encourage Kylie’s growth during her early motherhood experience, and I love her even more for doing all of the “right” things by staying with Travis Scott, and keeping the family close for her new baby’s wellbeing.

BUT Kylie Jenner has not done everything she has done (which is be a bad-bitch, make up mogul, American icon, and billionaire business woman at the young age of 20) just to let that baby take her boyfriend’s last name! Kylie has made statements that she and Scott are no where near marriage, and that she is too young for that. With that information, it makes no sense to me that she would not do her baby the justice of having the last name she deserves through mere birth right- Jenner. Further, as if I wasn’t worried enough that Kylie won’t bounce back to being the bad bitch icon that we all love (even if you think you hate her, you love her), I am now almost positive that she is taking steps away from the Kardashian/Jenner brand, as she moves into motherhood and into hiding.

Not giving baby Stormi a last name that has so much value and pop culture credibility behind it, tells us that she is not in the mood to let her daughter grow up being the young public figure we hoped she would be, like North or Saint.

Is this going to be another Kourtney situation? A very fun, very wild sister gone MIA into motherhood? Or will she follow in Kim’s footsteps, and have babies while still being the same celeb we all know & love? We can only hope…

*all images sourced from Instagram

Your life is only as good as your mindset.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor