Krissi Karren: Makeup Artist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Name:  Kristen Karren

Graduation Year:  2017

Major:  Journalism

Hometown:  Cottonwood Heights, UT

Campus Activities:  Her Campus Utah

We’ve featured her before for her amazing style, and once as a Campus Cutie. We just can’t seem to get enough of her because we are now so thrilled to call her a Campus Celebrity! Krissi is a very talented makeup artist at Sephora in City Creek, and we just couldn’t wait to pick her brain apart and find out the best products and techniques to use when doing your makeup. Check out what Krissi had to say!

Her Campus (HC):  What’s it like working at Sephora as a make-up artist?

Krissi Karren (KK):  I get to meet really interesting people and show them that both inner and outer beauty are equally important!

HC:  What do you love most about makeup?

KK:  I love lipstick because you can instantly put it on, even in sweats, and feel so powerful!

HC:  What inspired you to work at Sephora?

KK:  I heard they were hiring seasonal employees so I thought it would be a good opportunity, and I haven’t left since.

HC:  What are your favorite beauty products?

KK:  I love Nars lipsticks and the Fresh skincare line.

HC:  What is one makeup item you can’t leave the house without?

KK:  My BB lip cream from Bite. It is amazing!

HC:  Do you want to work in makeup in the future?

KK:  I am honestly not sure yet. I really want to develop more artistry skills, but once I graduate college I will be hopefully be a journalist.

HC:  How would you describe your signature look?

KK:  My signature look is really natural with a dewy foundation finish, winged liner and some sort of color on my lips!

HC:  What is the most important makeup tip you can give to our readers?

KK:  My most important makeup tip I give all of my clients is: Wherever you initially place your brush, whether it is eye shadow or foundation, is where the most product will distribute. So always stay towards the center of your face or the middle of your eye, or crease, and then blend out to have a beautiful color placement. 

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!