Krissi Karren ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Name:  Krissi Karren

Hometown:  Cottonwood Heights, UT

Graduation Year:  2017

Major:  Journalism

Campus Activities:  Her Campus Utah, Bennion Center

Relationship Status:  Single

Meet Krissi:

Describe yourself in three words.  Easygoing, adventurous, and warm.

What’s your favorite food?  Waffles.

What’s your favorite color?  Purple.

What are three things you can’t live without?  My phone, my journal, and a lipstick.

What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?  Gossip Girl.

Who are your celeb crushes?  Austin Butler, and Blake Lively.

What’s your dream job?  I want to be a writer for Cosmopolitan.

What’s the #1 most-played song on your iPod?  “Gooey” by Glass Animals.

What’s the top item on your bucket list?  To go to New York.

Pet peeves:  Incorrect grammar and when people are rude for no reason.

Fun fact about you: I moved to Seattle the day after I graduated high school, but moved back because I got the stomach flu, strep throat and bronchitis all at the same time.  I just wanted my mom. 

Campus Life:

What’s your favorite thing about the U?  How beautiful our campus is and how unique all my professors have been.

What’s your best U of U memory?  Fraternity formals.

What’s your favorite class you have taken at the U?  Surfing and my class about fairytales (Grimm to Disney).

Worst class? Algebra.

Where’s the best study spot? Mom’s café.

Where’s the best place to meet guys?  Ski shops.

Where’s your favorite place to eat on campus? The Crepe food cart.

Do you have any advice for freshmen? The freshman 15 is real, just let it happen. 

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on?  Man bun, tattoos and an intelligent conversation.

Biggest turn off? No ambition.

Do you have any deal breakers? When they wear clothes from Buckle.

What do you look for in a guy? Creativeness, good with animals, and a great smile.

Describe your ideal date. Going on a hot air balloon and then him cooking for me. Except I have never been on a hot air balloon, so hopefully I don’t throw up because we are so high in the air. I feel like that would be a pretty great date though!

What’s the best pick up line you’ve ever heard?  “Are you a beaver cause ‘dammm!'”

What is a guy trend you hate/ don’t understand?  Rat tales; that doesn’t make you any better at lacrosse.

U of U guys are the best because… there is a lot of diversity. 

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!