Jordan Nemelka ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Meet Jordan Nemelka, a Her Campus Utah campus cutie! Jordan is majoring in Computer Science, and part of the Sigma Chi fraternity. He’s a sweetheart through and through, and will walk forty minutes just to bring you homemade cookies he made because you’re having a bad day! Ladies, he may even snuggle up with you and watch Gilmore Girls reruns. It just so happens Lorelai and Rory are apart of his favorite, guilty pleasure TV show.

Name:  Jordan Nemelka

Hometown:  Los Altos, California

Graduation Year:  2016

Major:  Computer Science – Entertainment Arts and Engineering

Relationship Status:  Single

Boxers or briefs:  Boxer briefs.

Meet Jordan:

Describe yourself in 3 words.  Tall, skinny, and hopefully funny.

What’s your dream job?  Working for a silicon valley startup company.

What are 3 things you can’t live without?  My family, the ocean, and whole milk.

What’s your favorite food?  O-toro (a Japanese fatty tuna).

What’s your party anthem?  “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.

What’s your favorite late night snack?  Mac n Cheese.

What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?  Gilmore Girls.

Who are your celebrity crushes?  Jessica Alba and Jennifer Lawrence.

Do you have any secret talents?  I can speak some Chinese and make excellent pancakes.

What is your most embarrassing story?  In elementary school, one of my friends pantsed me and more than just my pants were pulled down. It happened in front of the whole playground too!

Campus Life:

What’s your best U of U memory?  One of the first nights of winter 2014, I decided to drink with some new friends and we ended up having the greatest night together. Since that night, they have become my best friends and are now my roommates. 

What’s your favorite class that you have taken at the U?  World Religion.

Best study spot?  Right next to the waterfall near the library.

Best place to meet girls?  Anywhere on campus. You never know who you might end up talking to.

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on:  Outgoing girls.

Biggest turn off:  Girls who are too afraid to make any move.

What do you look for in a girl?  I like girls who can compliment my outgoing personality with their own, and someone who is genuine and caring. I would like a girl who would be willing to admit her mistakes instead of trying to hide it. I also need a girl who is willing to laugh at all of my stupid jokes because I have a lot and it gets awkward being the only one laughing.

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?  I baked cookies (a secret family recipe), and then walked forty minutes to deliver them to her house because she was having a bad day.

Describe your ideal date.  Honestly, I don’t really care about the specifics. I just want to be talking all night about our lives and dreams, joking around, and just having a great time.

What’s your favorite pick up line?  Do you have a band-aid? I just scraped my knee falling for you.

What is a girl trend you hate/ don’t understand?  When girls expect you to buy drinks for them when you don’t even know them.

U of U girls are the best because… They are gorgeous. I have never in my life seen so many cute girls packing into one place. It’s unfortunate that most are commuters, but at least I get to admire all the beauty during the day.

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!