This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I am a Sorority Woman was a social media campaign started by the Delta Gamma Fraternity.  It strives to break down stereotypes and show the world that sorority women are involved, educated, and deserve to be seen as more than just a “sorority girl”.  Throughout the next month, Her Campus at the University of Utah will be participating in this campaign highlighting women from our Row who have done awesome things for our Community!

Jennifer Leslie is a Kappa Kappa Gamma and a proud member of Greek Life!

Jennifer is a leader on campus. She is a Resident Advisor for the Benchmark apartments on campus and works to keep the Housing Community a safe place for all residents. Jennifer uses her position as a Resident Advisor “to be a resource for nearly anything that people could imagine on or off campus. I uphold the Housing motto, which is ‘To create an inclusive and engaged community where all members thrive’”.

Jennifer is involved with student groups that emphasize environmental activism, “I am also involved in some student groups to promote environmental activism. I have worked to halt the Dakota Access Pipeline and was a member on the Sustainability Board in Housing.”

Jennifer’s decision to go Greek has positively impacted her college experience. She says that “Being in a sorority has been the single most beneficial choice I have made in my college career. There has been nothing that has taught me more about myself than being a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma. Sorority life is not just a social experience. By surrounding myself with women with very different aspirations and personalities, I have been able to use my sisters as examples of who I want to be and how I want to get there. The drive and compassion that my sisters have is impeccable. I hope that those outside of the Greek community can look at sororities as an organization for personal and professional development instead of as a stereotype.”

The University of Utah is so fortunate to have Jennifer as a leader on our campus and Greek Row!

Hi! I'm Madison Keyser and am a student at the University of Utah.  I am a sophomore double majoring in Economics and Spanish hoping to go to Law School someday.  I am an Alpha Chi Omega, love to play lacrosse and do anything outside.  I am so excited to be a Her Campus writer! 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor