This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Valentine’s Day is here! For some this may be your favorite day of the year, and you love all the romance that comes with it. For others this is a sickening dreadful holiday that should never be in existence. If you’re the latter, you’re not alone. However, there are ways to make it something you look forward to! It’s only once a year, so why not enjoy it? Here are some fun ways you to spend your day today!

1.   Girl’s Night 

Lets be real, dates with just your friends are seriously the best. You don’t have to worry about impressing them, you don’t need to spend vast amounts of money on them, and they can make you laugh more than anyone else. So grab some friends and go bowling, karaoke, dancing, or you guys can go see a movie a guy would not want to watch.  A comfier option is to stay in, make some homemade face masks like these, order some take-out and have the best girls night in! You and your girls got this. 

2.   Solo Date Night

Sometimes a solo night is what you need. You need to appreciate yourself and do something for you. Going on a solo night out is great because you can do what YOU want! There is no arguing on where to go or what to do. Get a massage or a mani-pedi (if you’re like me, you’ll do both). Been dying to try out a restaurant, but no one you know likes that type of food? Go there! Going out to eat by yourself can seem intimidating at first, so bring a book you’ve been wanting to read, or if you’re into drawing bring a sketchbook or journal. This is also the best time to people watch, which is one of my favorite past times. You can also go shopping, when you go shopping by yourself you cut out the possibility of your friend snagging that shirt you were eyeing first. Treat yourself collegiette!

3. Throw a Party

If you’re the hostess with the mostess, throw a party! Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday this year, which is the perfect excuse to get a bunch of people together who also aren’t feeling the Valentine’s Day vibe. Celebrate your freedom!

4. Date Night with Your Beau

Make your date the best one yet. If you are going out with that special someone on Valentine’s Day, there is nothing wrong with indulging in the romance of this holiday. You can always do dinner and a movie, but feel free to switch it up a little bit! Some other ideas are: ice-skating, making dinner together, dessert date, or sledding! 

Lastly, just be sure you’re not spending your day like this:

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor