andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Get Out Of The Lull In Your Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Being in a long-term relationship is both easygoing and difficult.  There will be times in your relationship where you’ll get stuck in a lull.  You’ll be doing all the same things; going through the motions of your relationship and nothing will necessarily be wrong, but your relationship might not feel right.  Here are some tips on how to get out of the lull and bring excitement back into your lives:

1) Go out on a date/ Spend the night in.

If you and your significant other happen to go out on a lot of dates, take the time to plan a night in.  Cook a meal together then cuddle on the couch and watch a movie.  

If you and your love happen to spend most nights in, plan a simple date night to go out and have a little fun.  Doing something a little out of the ordinary will have you both looking forward to your date night.

2)   Go camping!

If the weather permits, go camping! Spending time alone in nature is a really great way to make some uninterrupted time with your significant other.  You’ll come back to the real world refreshed and more in love than ever.

3)   Tell them why you love them.

Sometimes when you’re in a lull, you forget just how special and unique your boyfriend/girlfrend is.  Spend some time noticing the little things that they do that you love.  Don’t be afraid to tell them as well, it’ll strengthen both of your resolute that you’re still very much in love.

4) Try something new…

I hope you catch my drift.  You might be in a physical rut. Try to change up the things that you’re doing.  If you need some ideas you can always purchase a fun board game like this...

4) Time manage.

Quite possibly you’re spending too much time with your significant other.  Your lives may have molded together so much that you hardy do anything apart.  Spend a night out with friends, try a new workout class, or join a club; anything that will allow you to spend time apart to focus on your self. 

The same can be said if you spend too much time apart! Commit some time every week to spend it alone with your significant other to let them know they’re a priority in your life.

We hope these 5 tips help you get out of the lull in your relationship!

I have a deep love for mermaids, pitbulls, swearing, and all things involving food.  Shania Twain is my spirit animal and I'm a converted Belieber.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor