Her DIY: Upcycle Your Beer Bottles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I am here to fill up your weekend with some glitter and glue and help that apartment get a little bit cuter. For some reason, there were an abnormal amount of beer bottles lying around my recycling bin this weekend, so I decided to put them to good use and make some vases for my porch.

Materials

• Beer bottles
  • Blow dryer
  • Spray paint
  • Regular paint
  • Paint brushes
  • Glitter
  • Stencils
  • Any other decorating supplies you may want

Step 1: First things first, you are going to have to take off all the labels. The best way to do this is heat up the bottle with a blow dryer and peal off as much as possible, then scrub the rest off in the sink.

Step 2: Spray paint your bottle. This is the best way to give your bottle a good base coat with no streaks.

Step 3: After you let it dry, decorate however you want!

Don’t forget to show off your own designs and tag us, have fun crafting collegiettes!

I am a current journalism student at the University of Utah. I have spent my years in college studying, traveling, and writing. I am a campus writer for the University of Utah and have my own blog Beautiful Detour. If I am not on campus I am hopefully off in another country meeting new people...or lying in my bed under a million blankets watching that day's netflix binge.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor