This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

New trends pop-up everyday in the make-up world, once you learn something there seems to be another thing to try! One word captures this: strobing. Strobing has been popular for a while now, but what exactly is it? Basically it’s just the complete opposite of contouring. Instead of using dark shades to create shadows on your face, you use highlighters to bring out features on your face. You can choose to use minimal product for a natural look or use a little more to achieve a dramatic look. This beauty tip will leave your face looking healthy and dewy. People with oilier skin should be cautious of how much product they use while trying this because it could make the face look greasy. Keep reading if you want to learn more about how to strobe your face in 4 easy steps.

Step 1: After you have applied your foundation and concealer, dab some cream highlighter onto the top of your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, above your eyebrow, Cupid’s bow, and chin. Blend it in with a wet makeup sponge. The cream highlighter in this picture is Pearl Cream Color Base by MAC.

Step 2: Go over the places you just highlighted with a highlighter powder. Using a fan brush, lightly sweep the product onto your skin. This will not only enhance the highlight, but it will also set you cream highlighter and prevent it from moving throughout the day. The powder highlighter in this picture is Mary-Lou-Manizer by theBalm.

Step 3: After you have highlighted your face, apply some blush to the apples of your cheeks to bring color back into the skin. Forget about the contour!

Step 4: Spritz a makeup setting spray all over you face to set the entire look and you’re all done!

Lexy was born and raised in Salt Lake City and is currently studying Nursing at the Univeristy of Utah. She hopes to someday pursue her dream as a Neonatal Nurse Practioner. She works as a Certified Pharamcy Technician and volunteers with the Apa Sherpa Foundation.  In her free time she does yoga, dances, plays with her puppy, and hangs out with her Alpha Phi sisters. She is also very proud to hold the title of a Miss Utah USA semifinalist.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor