Helpful Study Tips from a fellow Lady Ute!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Her Campus people! The rumors are true! Finals week is just around the corner and while some of you might be running for the hills or logging on to my-life-is-over.com it’s not too late! There are plenty of things to start doing now in prep for final exams coming up that you WILL dominate. Keep your head up and try applying these fool-proof tips:

1. Don’t cram the day of the final!

Our brains are powerful things but when studying or taking in a lot of info our brain needs sleep to absorb and connect the facts properly. This will help you have an easier time remembering the information when test time comes around.

2. Sleep, eat, and study REGULARLY.

What good is it to cram a semester’s worth of information the night before a final if it’s just going to stress you out and make you insane? Not to mention if you’re sleep deprived or haven’t been eating well (yes, junk food counts as not eating well) you have an even higher chance of passing out or sleeping through your alarms. So not worth it! Start going over notes now. It doesn’t have to be a 24/7 commitment but try to do at least 2 hours a night: make flashcards, meet with classmates to go over a subject you’re not too confident on, whatever works for you! Make that effort! Make sure you try to get 7-8 hours of sleep and eat regularly so you have the energy and mindset to study too- you’ll notice a difference.

3. Take advantage of things offered on campus!

Good news: for those of you who were here last year you may remember that super helpful  “Geek Week” but for the unfamiliar out there let’s give you the low-down on this great opportunity.

Basically because of the great results of last semester’s “Geek Week”, ASUU and the J. Willard Marriott Library decided to extend library hours again the week just before finals! Starting at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Sunday, April 21st, the J. Willard
Marriott Library is open until 10:00 p.m. on Friday, April 26th. If you want more info about library hours you can check it out at: http://www.lib.utah.edu/info/hours.php. Make sure you take advantage of this before it’s really too late!

The library will also have food, activities, and supplies:

ASUU will have tables on Level 1 with free drinks, pizza, and school supplies from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Monday, April 22nd, through Thursday, April 25th. ASUU has also teamed up with HRE and RHA to provide stress-relieving
activities and food at the Heritage Center April 21-25 so keep a look out for that too. (Excerpt taken from ASUU website)

Now don’t let all this info go to waste: crack open those books and ace those finals!