HC Utah Holiday Gift Guide for the Men in your Life!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you’re like me, you know your girlfriends’ gifts are always at the top of your holiday shopping list! That along with my mom and any girl cousins. Girls are fun to buy for! When people like similar things as you, it’s easy to find superb gifts. Men, however, can be a little bit trickier. So you don’t get lost in long lines and crowds on December 24, here are a few gift ideas for the men in your life!

Boyfriend: Something to wear is always a great idea because lots of guys don’t like to spend their money on clothes for themselves, and if you pick him out something nice, you have a guarantee he’ll look suave on your next date. Movies are a good choice too! The last Batman movie, “The Dark Knight Rises,” just came out. And, you can purchase the whole Batman trilogy for under $30 at Walmart, if he doesn’t already have the other two. If he likes movies but you don’t know which one to get for him, you can also consider a gift card to the movie theater. He can choose what he wants to watch, and maybe he’ll bring you along!

Dad: Dad gifts can tend to get cliché (think: tie), so search for something your dad will love! A t-shirt, coffee mug, or other trinket with his favorite college or professional sports team’s logo on it is a good choice. If he already has a million coffee mugs like my dad, a gift card to his favorite coffee shop or a bag of his most-loved roast is a good option. I would try and stay away from gift cards to places like Home Depot and Lowe’s and instead think about a certificate to his favorite golf course or racetrack.

Guy friends: Guy friends can be fun to shop for, too! Think about something he has that’s always broken, like his headphones or computer charger, and try and replace it. Electronics are perfect for this gentleman, too! If you’re not able to shell out for an MP3 player or other gadget, maybe pick up a guy-friendly accessory for a gadget he already owns.

Male co-workers: This can be an awkward category, depending on the nature of your relationship with your male-coworkers and workplace. If you’re pretty close with them, consider gift ideas similar to what you’re planning for your guy friends. If you’re more of acquaintances but still want to give them something, pick a yummy food item. You can make a snack like chocolate covered pretzels or you can pick up a popcorn tin, box of chocolate orange sticks or some Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Other guys you don’t know very well: It seems like there’s always someone on my list whom I’m not incredibly close with: a cousin, boyfriend’s friend or family member or friend of the family. In this case, pick out a gift that’s more universal. Beanie hats or driving gloves are something every guy needs and can use. General gift cards to restaurants, iTunes or a mall are also great ideas. If you’re still not sure, you can always go with a food item similar to what you chose for your male co-worker.

Good luck gift hunting, ladies! Whatever you select, the men in your life will love you for it!

Jetta is a fun and spunky communication student at the University of Utah. She has a lot of energy and an outgoing personality- perfect for her work in service coordination, peer advising, the Department of Communication, Express, and of course HerCampus! Jetta loves social media, writing, and learning new promotion and advertising skills. She does not currently drive a Jetta, but hopefully she can afford one upon completion of her degree!