Gus Gochnour ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Name:  Gus Gochnour

Hometown:  Ogden, Utah

Graduation Year:  2017

Major:  International Studies and German

Campus Activities:  Beta Theta Pi, First Year Council, MUSS

Relationship Status:  Single

Meet Gus:

Describe yourself in 3 words.  Goal oriented. Understanding. Loyal.

What’s your dream job?  Pro-football player. 

What are three things you can’t live without?  My twin brother Nick, college football, and Jimmy Buffett music.

What’s your party anthem?  “Gas Pedal” by Sage the Gemini.

Favorite food?  Kraft Macaroni and Cheese with hot dogs and peas.

What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?  Seinfeld. It will never get old.

What’s your favorite late night snack? Yogurt and granola.

Who is your celebrity crush?  Shawn Johnson.

Do you have any secret talents?  I’m fluent in German and Lady Swooner ;)

Boxers or briefs?  Briefs.

What’s your most embarrassing moment or story?  When we were younger my twin and I had to present something in front of a huge crowd. We got up to the microphone and started speaking, but the switch was off. We looked at each other and suddenly our twin telepathy kicked in and we both burst out laughing. We couldn’t stop and couldn’t finish our presentation speech, someone else had to come do it for us!

Campus Life:

What’s your favorite class you have taken at the U?  Public Speaking with Rob Layne III. He turned something I hated doing into something that I actually was able to enjoy

Best study spot?  Club Lib.

Best place to meet girls?  Alpha Phi Sorority house.

What’s your best U of U memory?  When Utah beat USC in the last 8 seconds, and we rushed the field. I haven’t been that excited in a long time, and I won’t be that excited for a long time in the future!

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on?  Flirty, forward and an aggressive personality.

Biggest turn off?  When a girl isn’t loyal. You think they might have interest in you, but then it turns out you’re just one of twenty guys they’re playing around with. At the same time I’ve got a HUGE problem with it as well, so.

What do you look for in a girl?  Someone who is outgoing and ambitious, but at the same time someone who I can trust and is loyal.

Describe your ideal date.  Dinner and a small activity, then when it gets dark something adventurous like a night hike, climbing an abandoned building, or star gazing. We would finish off the night cuddling and watching a movie.

What’s your favorite pick up line?  “I’m not a photographer, but I can picture you and me together.”

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?  I wrote a girl a heartfelt letter telling her her three greatest traits, and why they made me happy. She loved it!

U of U girls are the best because…  “They’re hawt as heck!”

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!