gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Getting a Booty Call for the Morning Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

You’ve been awake since the wee hours of the morning—when you had to get up to go to class. Or maybe work.

Either way, it’s not the end of the world.  You’re a morning person. You operate best in the A.M. and are in bed at an hour that most grandmothers probably go to sleep at.

So now it’s dark out and you’re ready to turn in. But your sleep is interrupted by the dreaded chime of your phone, which signals that you’ve just been sent a text from some boy or another that reads, “Wat r u up to?”

Easy there, Casanova.

He must have looked at a clock, right? He has to know that it’s like, 2 A.M. There’s no way his response is going to be an invitation. His initial text was probably just a late night casualty.

Nope. He’s serious. You just got the follow-up, “Wanna come over? ;)” The winky face makes his intentions perfectly clear.

But if this was what he was after, why didn’t he text you hours ago? You might have been willing at 10…or, better yet, he should have given you a heads-up this morning. You’d have penciled in a nap.

If you like this guy, you don’t necessarily want to just shut him down. Maybe you’d be up to hang out at a decent hour…

But how do you gracefully excuse yourself from this situation? Do you straight up tell him you’re too sleepy? It’s not like you have access to a more credible excuse since, “Sorry, I have class,” doesn’t exactly fly past midnight.

Then again, you’re tired. And possibly cranky. And not wearing a bra.

Who does he think he is? You have class in the morning—so you’re just supposed to stumble into class as a walking zombie because he couldn’t figure out his life three hours ago?

If he’s lucky, you’ll be courteous. You very well may give him your bluntest answer possible in your sleep deprived state. That is, if you even manage to make it coherent in the first place.

But, let’s be real here…you probably won’t give him any response. You’re half-asleep anyway, so there’s a good chance you won’t even muster the energy to do so.

You’ll wake up in the morning feeling much friendlier and wonder if this ill-fated booty call was just a bizarre dream.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor