Exercise tips for the busy collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We’ve all been hitting the books hard and keeping up with homework and work. There’s a lot for collegiettes to keep up with! And if you’re anything like me, your workout regimen has gone right out the window along with regular sleep patterns and eating something other than pizza and beer.

Here are a few tips for keeping your workout a part of your schedule.

1. Use the field house. As a student you get access to all the machines and equipment in the Einar Field House. Take advantage of it. It’s open all hours of the day and late into the night, so even when it gets cold and the snow starts to fall there is still a place for you to use a treadmill or stairclimber free of charge.

2. Shake up your activities. If you run on the treadmill or on the street, shake it up with a trail run or a rigorous hike. Try something new like rock climbing or spinning. Trying new activities or exercising at a different time during the day can help keep things from getting boring.

3. Thirty minutes a day is all you need. Even just a walk that elevates your heart rate is better than nothing. A walk up the hills on campus between classes or a bike ride downtown instead of driving are great ways to work a little exercise into your day.

Keeping active is super important to keep your body functioning properly, relieve stress and wake up your brain. So find a way to work it into your schedule, even just 30 minutes a day a few times a week.

Jetta is a fun and spunky communication student at the University of Utah. She has a lot of energy and an outgoing personality- perfect for her work in service coordination, peer advising, the Department of Communication, Express, and of course HerCampus! Jetta loves social media, writing, and learning new promotion and advertising skills. She does not currently drive a Jetta, but hopefully she can afford one upon completion of her degree!