This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

B.o.B. and Vic Mensa made an appearance at the University of Utah last Friday and gave an unforgettable performace. At the concert we noticed a few concert do’s and don’ts you should be knowledgable about for the next big show you attend. These tips will make you a concert pro so, you can enjoy the music and not worry about carrying a big purse, or ruining your shoes. We have your backs collegiettes!

DO bring a buddy.

Concerts can get crazy, especially deep in the mosh pits up front, so grab your best buddy for a friendly face in the crowd.

DON’T arrive on time.

The main act doesn’t start until later in the evening so if you aren’t a fan of waiting, being fashionably late is preferable.

DO browse the booths.

A great way to score free school swag is to stop by the booths. You can never have enough free T’s!

DON’T bring your purse.

Trying to keep track of a bulky purse will only get in the way of your Beyoncé worthy dance moves.

DO bring cash.

Most of the food vendors are cash only, so bring extra for dinner to keep your energy up.

DON’T wear your favorite shoes.

Those new boots you just bought? Leave them at home because you will get stepped on and scuffs are unavoidable.

DO sing along.

Even if you can’t hit all those high notes, singing along is a crowd tradition you can’t miss out on.

DON’T bother taking pictures.

Bright stage lights and cell phone cameras don’t mix well. Leave the photos to the professionals and enjoy the live experience!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor