Her Campus Utah Campus Celebrities

• Shykell Ledford & Julianne Skrivan: New Campus Correspondents

The time has come for Mietra and I to say goodbye to this amazing chapter we have built. It's one of the hardest things we've ever had to do, but we couldn't be more excited to leave Her Campus Utah in the hands of Shykell Ledford and Julianne Skrivan.

• David Toledo: Co-Founder of Power Practical

David Toledo graduated from the University of Utah in the spring of 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering. Since graduating David co-founded Power Practical and invented the Power Pot with friend and business partner Paul Slusser. Both David and Paul made an appearance on ABC’s hit reality show, “Shark Tank”, to present Power Practical’s Power Pot to the sharks.

• Ambra Jackson: Next Year's Student Body President

We have a very important woman to introduce you to, Ambra Jackson! Aside from being a complete sweetheart, awesome sorority sister, and complete bad a**, Ambra, as Snow Party’s presidential candidate, has earned the opportunity to represent the U of U next year as student body president. Now, let's get to know her a little better!

• Madison Bishop: Cancer Survivor

For Madison Kristina Bishop, the 2014-2015 school year will be one to remember. She went from being an enthusiast for art and music and a sophomore in college with big dreams, to being faced with a diagnoses that came as a surprise. After pushing off getting a check up for a couple months, she went in to her doctor where she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Now, Madison is cancer free and encourages other collegiette’s to always put themselves first when it comes to health.

• Lindsey Smith: Radio City Rockette

Lindsey Smith was Utah's Jr. Miss in 2003 and later became Miss Murray in 2007 while attending the University of Utah. She graduated that...

• Adam and Sam Webster: UGurt Co-Founders

UGurt. You all know it and you all love it, and we couldn't agree more (I mean, we did have our 1st Birthday Bash there)! UGurt has become a staple for collegiettes who go to the University of Utah, so we couldn't think of anything better than getting to know the amazing minds behind that delicious frozen yogurt. Meet Adam and Sam Webster, our Campus Celebrities, and the co-founders of UGurt!

• Kelsy Patrick: Pageant Queen

U of U student, Kelsy Patrick, was crowned Miss Teen Idaho. Find out what life is like for a pageant queen, and about her amazing cause called, Buckle Up, Phone Down, Arrive Alive, Just Drive.

• Julianne Skrivan: I Overcame an Eating Disorder

n honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, we at Her Campus Utah are proud to introduce you to Julianne Skrivan, who suffered from and overcame anorexia and bulimia. She is an amazing person, a student leader, and is apart of the Her Campus Utah team. We'd like to thank Julianne for telling us her story, and being so brave for speaking and letting others who are affected by an eating disorder that they are not alone.

• MacKenzie Peyton: It's On Us

Have you heard about the It's On Us campaign? Student MacKenzie Peyton helped bring it to the U of U. We at Her Campus Utah were super excited to talk to her to find out more, and how all of you can get involved.

• Napsugar Hegedus: Director of The Vagina Monologues

Napsugar Hegedus is well deserving of the Campus Celebrity title! She is the Director of The Vagina Monologues that can be seen here at the U on February 20th-22nd. We at Her Campus Utah were so excited to get a chance to talk to her about being a Director, and where her amazing and unique name comes from!

• Rachel Wilson: U of U Model EU Captain

We are so proud to call one of Her Campus Utah's newest writer and captain of the University of Utah's Model European Union, Rachel Wilson, our Campus Celebrity.

• Avery Holton - Innovation. Imagination.

Innovation and imagination is what this weeks Campus Celebrity, Avery Holton, believes in. Avery came to the University of Utah in 2013. He works as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication with research mainly on digital and social media, journalism, and disabilities communication.

• Krissi Karren: Makeup Artist

We've featured her before for her amazing style, and once as a Campus Cutie. We just can't seem to get enough of her because we are now so thrilled to call her a Campus Celebrity! Krissi is a very talented makeup artist at Sephora in City Creek, and we just couldn't wait to pick her brain apart and find out the best products and techniques to use when doing your makeup. Check out what Krissi had to say!

• Lance Olsen: Fiction Collective 2

In 1974, five drunken men sat around together p*ssed off at the fact that they couldn’t get their literary works published. New York publishers were sell outs – money was their top priority. These outraged writers knew they had to do something. They decided to stop being told no, and start telling each other yes. They went out on a limb and created their own publishing company – Fiction Collective. Each threw in $1,000 and together they published books that no one else wanted. What they thought would be a couple years max project has become an amazing legacy lasting today…

• Rajul Ramchandani: Photographer

I was excited to sit down with Rajul and learn more about his photography as he’s no stranger to Her Campus Utah. You might be familiar with his perfect portraits of our campus cutie Clarence Smith IV. His photos range from more abstract to the just plain cool! Don’t just take my word for it, see what he has to say about his work. Get inspired or just admire his work here:

• John Madsen: Former Oakland Raider

Her Campus Utah is honored to feature John Madsen as our Campus Celebrity. John, a West Valley City, UT native, graduated from the University of Utah in 2006 with a degree in Economics. Since graduating John went on to play in the NFL for the Oakland Raiders, alongside NFL great Randy Moss. After the NFL, John came back to Utah and opened his very own training gym in Sandy called John Madsen Performance. Her Campus Utah was lucky enough to talk to John this week about his experience in the NFL, John Madsen Performance, and the great athletes he trains. Be sure to check out John Madsen Performace, and follow John on Twitter: @john_madsen, and Instagram: @john_madsen.

• Kuvo: The Campus Dog

The one and only Kovu is this week’s campus celebrity. For all you avid animal lovers, dogs are just as equal as human’s right? You know you know him. He's campus' most known dog!

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style