Her Campus Utah Campus Celebrities

• Julianne Skrivan: I Overcame an Eating Disorder

n honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, we at Her Campus Utah are proud to introduce you to Julianne Skrivan, who suffered from and overcame anorexia and bulimia. She is an amazing person, a student leader, and is apart of the Her Campus Utah team. We'd like to thank Julianne for telling us her story, and being so brave for speaking and letting others who are affected by an eating disorder that they are not alone.

• MacKenzie Peyton: It's On Us

Have you heard about the It's On Us campaign? Student MacKenzie Peyton helped bring it to the U of U. We at Her Campus Utah were super excited to talk to her to find out more, and how all of you can get involved.

• Napsugar Hegedus: Director of The Vagina Monologues

Napsugar Hegedus is well deserving of the Campus Celebrity title! She is the Director of The Vagina Monologues that can be seen here at the U on February 20th-22nd. We at Her Campus Utah were so excited to get a chance to talk to her about being a Director, and where her amazing and unique name comes from!

• Brooklyn Bowen: Broadway Dancer

Name: Brooklyn Ann Bowen Hometown: Salt Lake City, UT Graduation Y ear: 2018 Major: Entrepreneurship Brooklyn is a 22 year old student...

• Rachel Wilson: U of U Model EU Captain

We are so proud to call one of Her Campus Utah's newest writer and captain of the University of Utah's Model European Union, Rachel Wilson, our Campus Celebrity.

• Avery Holton - Innovation. Imagination.

Innovation and imagination is what this weeks Campus Celebrity, Avery Holton, believes in. Avery came to the University of Utah in 2013. He works as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication with research mainly on digital and social media, journalism, and disabilities communication.

• Krissi Karren: Makeup Artist

We've featured her before for her amazing style, and once as a Campus Cutie. We just can't seem to get enough of her because we are now so thrilled to call her a Campus Celebrity! Krissi is a very talented makeup artist at Sephora in City Creek, and we just couldn't wait to pick her brain apart and find out the best products and techniques to use when doing your makeup. Check out what Krissi had to say!

• Lance Olsen: Fiction Collective 2

In 1974, five drunken men sat around together p*ssed off at the fact that they couldn’t get their literary works published. New York publishers were sell outs – money was their top priority. These outraged writers knew they had to do something. They decided to stop being told no, and start telling each other yes. They went out on a limb and created their own publishing company – Fiction Collective. Each threw in $1,000 and together they published books that no one else wanted. What they thought would be a couple years max project has become an amazing legacy lasting today…

• Rajul Ramchandani: Photographer

I was excited to sit down with Rajul and learn more about his photography as he’s no stranger to Her Campus Utah. You might be familiar with his perfect portraits of our campus cutie Clarence Smith IV. His photos range from more abstract to the just plain cool! Don’t just take my word for it, see what he has to say about his work. Get inspired or just admire his work here:

• John Madsen: Former Oakland Raider

Her Campus Utah is honored to feature John Madsen as our Campus Celebrity. John, a West Valley City, UT native, graduated from the University of Utah in 2006 with a degree in Economics. Since graduating John went on to play in the NFL for the Oakland Raiders, alongside NFL great Randy Moss. After the NFL, John came back to Utah and opened his very own training gym in Sandy called John Madsen Performance. Her Campus Utah was lucky enough to talk to John this week about his experience in the NFL, John Madsen Performance, and the great athletes he trains. Be sure to check out John Madsen Performace, and follow John on Twitter: @john_madsen, and Instagram: @john_madsen.

• Kuvo: The Campus Dog

The one and only Kovu is this week’s campus celebrity. For all you avid animal lovers, dogs are just as equal as human’s right? You know you know him. He's campus' most known dog!

• Mallory Rogers: Fear No Fight

Her Campus Utah is honored to call Mallory Rogers, a former Her Campus Utah writer, our Campus Celebrity. She may look familiar, as she has been a Campus Celebrity before, but she just keeps reaching greater heights and continuing to impress us. We couldn't resist featuring her one more time. Mallory has created a new blog called Fear No Fight. The blog is about her journey to recovery after being sexually abused. Her blog is super inspiring and we couldn't be more proud. See what Mallory has to say about her new and fastly growing blog!

• Abby Shettig: Half the Sky Ambassador

We’ve all heard Gandhi’s words, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others,” and have felt inspired. But how many of us can say we’ve felt inspired enough to actually do volunteer work? Campus Celebrity, Abby Shettig, can say she has and show you how great volunteer service really is! Abby has done and is doing amazing volunteer work on our very own campus. Her newest endeavor is being a campus ambassador for the Half the Sky Movement. Half the Sky is a movement that seeks to help oppressed women around the world.

• Autumn Lieu: Fashion Stylist

Her Campus Utah is beyond thrilled to feature Autumn Lieu as our Campus Celebrity! Autumn is one of Her Campus Utah's top fashion writers, but also an amazing stylist's assistant. She is so great at what she does, and literally one of my fashion role models. Here is what Autumn has to say about her amazing job:

• Kate Childers: Panhellenic President

Kate Childers is a Delta Gamma sorortity sister, the Director of Programming for Delta Gamma, and serves as the Panhellenic President. She is an incredible female leader on campus at the U and that is why we are so excited to call her our Campus Celebrity. Find out what inspires Kate and what a typical day entails for her!

• Zoe Jefferies: Coins for Cancer

Zoe Jefferies deserves more than the title of Campus Celebrity. Zoe started the Coins for Cancer student group at the University of Utah to help raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Since bringing Coins to Cancer to the U just this semester, the group already has forty students involved! That's forty jugs around campus for students to donate coins to, to help raise money for cancer! Zoe is doing amazing work here on campus and we at Her Campus Utah are so excited to have her as one of our Campus Celebrities!

• Mary Neville: UPC Executive Director

It is an honor to have Mary Neville, the Executive Director of UPC, as one of our Campus Celebrities. Mary is a fun loving and outgoing person who is majoring in Mathematics with a minor in Athropology. She is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and truly believes in helping others and making sure everyone feels like they belong. Her Campus Utah was given the opportunity to talk to Mary and hear what she has to say on her time here at the U.

• Carissa Flinders: GUESS? Intern

Carissa Flinders landed an internship most girls dream about. Last summer she packed her bags and moved to Los Angeles, California to intern for GUESS?, the global brand of young, sexy and adventurous lifestyle, with a complete line of apparel and accessories. After returning to Utah to finish her last year, she didn't hesitate to step right into her next internship. Currently, Carissa is one of Spotify's Campus Influencers here at the U. Her Campus Utah talked with Carissa about her experience with GUESS?, and we couldn't wait to share it with you!

• Janie Despain

Janie Despain is a student here at the University of Utah and has a voice most would kill for. She sings like a goddess.

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style