Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Celebrities

Madison Black: Student Body Vice President

By Ellie Briggs
April 18, 2014 - 4:30am

Madison Black was just recently elected as the ASUU Student Body Vice President, as part of the Vision Party. She will be serving along side ASUU Student Body President, Justin Spangler. Madison is from Holladay, UT and is majoring in Biomedical Engineering. She is apart of ASUU, the Honors College, the Student Alumni Board, a Primary Children's Medical Center volunteer, and a Campus Life Mentor. When not serving as Vice President and studying for school, Madison likes to relax by vacationing at a beach, reading, watching movies, and spending time with her friends and family. Madison is a very hardworking student whose main goal in life is to make a change in this world. We at Her Campus Utah believe she is an inspiration and a great role model for...

Mallory Rogers: Pageant Queen and Female Boxer

By Ashley Frederickson
April 10, 2014 - 3:00am

Her Campus Utah's very own health and fitness writer, Mallory Rogers, was crowned Miss Panoramaland 2013 in August and still seems to find the time to box, eat healthy, attend college, write for Her Campus Utah, and prepare for the upcoming Miss Utah Competition in June. This girl is a powerhouse and a huge inspiration! Her Campus Utah sat down with Mallory to find out how she does it. READ MORE

Bec Rasmussen

By Mietra Aarabi
April 4, 2014 - 1:00am

Bec Rasmussen is a Political Science and Business Marketing major here at the University of Utah.  She’s an Alpha Phi, an active Yogi and a vegetarian.  She’s been a Jazz dancer and her favorite color is lime green.  But why is she Her Campus Utah's Campus Celebrity this week? READ MORE

Lindsey Smith: Radio City Rockette

By Ashley Frederickson
March 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Lindsey Smith was Utah's Jr. Miss in 2003 and later became Miss Murray in 2007 while attending the University of Utah. She graduated that same year and became one of the legendary Rockettes. She is loving and living the life so, it was fun to catch up with her! Her Campus (HC): What is your favorite memory from the University of Utah? READ MORE

Mike Bird - Engage. Enhance. Ensure.

By Ellie Briggs
March 3, 2014 - 7:00am

READ MORE

Justin Spangler: A Visionary

By Trâm Hoàng
February 27, 2014 - 3:00am

READ MORE

Avery Holton - Innovation. Imagination.

By Ellie Briggs
February 20, 2014 - 6:00pm

Innovation and imagination is what this weeks Campus Celebrity, Avery Holton, believes in. Avery came to the University of Utah in 2013. He works as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication with research mainly on digital and social media, journalism, and disabilities communication. READ MORE

Lindsay & Lexie Kite, Ph.D.: Beauty Redefined

By Ashley Frederickson
February 4, 2014 - 3:23am

Lindsay and Lexie Kite both have their Ph.D.’s from the University of Utah and are the founders of the nonprofit organization Beauty Redefined. READ MORE

Dale Cannon '70

By Nafisa Masud
April 20, 2013 - 6:05am

Not many of us can say we attended college twice, the second time on a whim to learn a foreign language. Dale Cannon, on the other hand, is one of the few who can. After meeting him in a Spanish class last year, I quickly discovered Dale to be one of the funniest, most sarcastic people I've yet to meet. He may be 70 years old, but he's definitely young at heart. READ MORE

Matt Kirkegaard '15

By Nafisa Masud
March 23, 2013 - 1:05am

When we think of the word "celebrity", images of emaciated scantily clad women generally cross our mind, individuals whose largest accomplishment to date was managing to drag themselves out of bed after a night of partying. But in this world there exists another celebrity, one who stands for more than aesthetic beauty and the power of Photoshop. These celebrities recognize the needs and shortcomings in our world and are determined to find solutions. HC readers, meet Matt Kirkegaard: a sophomore at the U with a mission of his own. READ MORE