Campus Celebrity: Ryan Wadge Homecoming Court Royalty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

For those of you who don’t know Ryan Wadge personally, there is a really good chance you’ve seen him on campus. Ryan exemplifies his leadership skills as the Vice President of the Student Alumni Board and Recruitment Chair for Beta Theta Pi. He also serves on the Alumni Association Community Service Board, Owl and Key Honor Society, Utah Freeskier Society, the MUSS, and was most recently selected to serve on this years Homecoming Court Royalty! Ryan is hard working, dedicacted, driven, and an extrodinary student at the Universtiy of Utah. Get to know Ryan a little better and you’ll understand why he was choosen to be a part of this years Homecoming Court. 

Hometown: Cottonwood Heights, Utah

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hobbies: Photography and anything outdoors! Espically hiking, skiing, and camping.

Her Campus (HC): What made you want to run for homecoming court?

Ryan Wadge (RW): I wanted to run for homecoming court because it was something I’ve always wanted to do but have never had the time to do. Now that I’m in my senior year, I realized it was now or never so I thought that I might as well go for it. I’ve been very involved on campus throughout my time here at the U, and I thought that this would be a great way to demonstrate my love for this university.

HC: What are you looking forward to most during homecoming week?

RW: It’s hard not to be cliche here, but I cannot wait for the game! Utah Football is arguably my favorite part of fall semester. There are few things I love more than a Utes football game on a Saturday night. 

HC: Are you going to make a sign for college game day, if so what is it going to say?

RW: If I have time, most definitely. It would probably say something like, “Jared Goff wears crocs” or “Welcome to Sack Lake City, Jared”.

HC: What is your favorite part about being in the MUSS?

RW: My favorite part about being in the MUSS is the energy it brings to campus. Unfortunately the University of Utah is mainly a commuter campus and can feel really large and distant at times. But on game nights, the MUSS embodies the meaning of what it means to be a Ute and to feel pride about being a part of this community. When you’re in the MUSS, you feel like you’re a part of something greater than yourself. 
Taylor Swift isn't a major so I guess Human Development and Family Studies will have to do. All I want in life is for T - Swift to know that we are BFF's, a closet full of Kate Spade, and an endless supply of Chick-Fil-A. Until I find a magic genie to grant my three wishes I'll stick with working for a non-profit, doing a ridiclious amount of online shopping, and being obsessed with my sorority. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor