Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Blog

How to Zen Out Your Dorm Room

By Stephanie Matsen
September 12, 2014 - 3:00am

Christmas-Lights-in-Bedroom-42-1-Kindesign.jpg READ MORE

3 Underrated Shows to Watch on Netflix

By Mietra Aarabi
September 11, 2014 - 3:00am

I don’t know about you guys but sometimes (always), I need to wind down after a hard week with some good ole TV. Movies, Netflix originals, Hulu, Xfinity, you name it; I watch it. But I’ve been dying lately somewhere between finishing Orange is the New Black too quickly and waiting for the newest season of "The Mindy Project" (oh my gosh, one week guys!) to come back. So what am I going to watch this week? What are you going to watch this week? Here are three of my favorite underrated things on Netflix to tide us all over until Mindy can soothe us all with her comedic blend of frivolity and wit again. READ MORE

Date Night With Me, Myself, and I

By Kelly Lasher
September 5, 2014 - 8:00pm

Whether you’ve had a string of bad dates or just need something fun to do by yourself, look no further because we have the perfect list for me-time dates. No matter what mood you’re in you can find a fun activity to do where you don’t have to worry about looking perfect or saying all the right things. You can learn to love spending time with just yourself and feel confident in saying “Table for one!” If you’re feeling fun: READ MORE

5 Ways to Get Organized for the Semester

By Ashley Frederickson
September 3, 2014 - 3:30am

Syllabus week is officially over. This means it's time to settle into your classes and get organized! Don't know where to begin? Let Her Campus Utah help! Here are five ways to get organized for the semester. READ MORE

Finals Survival Kit

By Ellie Briggs
May 16, 2014 - 3:21pm

Finals week is hard; we know it and you know it. We pull all nighters studying for the dreaded tests while trying to survive on coffee and chocolate (because we all deserve a piece of chocolate during finals week). Thankfully for us, Her Campus, LUNA bars, Chipotle, and Popchips came to our rescue with the HC Finals Survival Kit! READ MORE

The Benefits of a Long-Term Relationship

By Emily Means
May 3, 2014 - 12:29am

My boyfriend, Donald, and I have been dating for four years now, since we were little juniors in high school. Ours is a romantic tale that began in the band room- I, a trombone player, and he, a saxophonist. We shared a music stand at a football game and the rest is history. READ MORE

The 9 Worst Things You Could Possibly Do After a Breakup

By Rizki Permatasari
April 28, 2014 - 3:00am

Whether it was his fault, yours, or things are just weren't working out anymore, a breakup will always hurt. After all the time you two spent together you might find that letting go is hard to do. The emotions you have of sadness, dissapointment, and anger will take you for a wild ride! Her Campus Utah is here to help and make sure you handle your breakup with grace. No matter how hard it is, try not to do these nine things. READ MORE

5 Reasons Why Freshman Year is the Best Year

By Kelly Lasher
April 23, 2014 - 3:00am

As the school year is coming to a close it's hard not to get a little sentimental about your first year in college.  Although there are many ups and downs as you try to navigate your new life as a freshman, it is easily one of the best years of college.  You are one step closer to the real world and have learned more about who you are and who you want to be.  Good or bad, you always remember your first!       Fresh Start. READ MORE

Habits That are Hindering Your Weight Loss

By MalloryRogers
April 17, 2014 - 2:45pm

We have all been there -- working hard at the gym, eating right the majority of the time, and we just aren't seeing weight loss.  Our bodies are much like fine-tuned machines.  If one small component isn't working, it can offset the function of the machine entirely.  If you are in a weight-loss rut, there are some simple changes that you could make to help get you over your plateau!  Just ask yourself the following questions:   Are you Drinking Enough Water? READ MORE

5 Ways to Stay Busy in the Summer on a Budget

By Kelly Lasher
April 11, 2014 - 3:30am

With summer just around the corner it's hard not to get excited about all the free time you'll have.  However, if you aren't filling your schedule with a job or an internship it can get boring fast.  Having a few lazy days is nice but, setting some fun goals is the perfect way to beat the summer time blues and stay productive. Here are 5 ways to stay busy this summer while on a budget!      Take a class.  READ MORE