Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Blog

Habits That are Hindering Your Weight Loss

By MalloryRogers
April 17, 2014 - 2:45pm

We have all been there -- working hard at the gym, eating right the majority of the time, and we just aren't seeing weight loss.  Our bodies are much like fine-tuned machines.  If one small component isn't working, it can offset the function of the machine entirely.  If you are in a weight-loss rut, there are some simple changes that you could make to help get you over your plateau!  Just ask yourself the following questions:   Are you Drinking Enough Water? READ MORE

5 Ways to Stay Busy in the Summer on a Budget

By Kelly Lasher
April 11, 2014 - 3:30am

With summer just around the corner it's hard not to get excited about all the free time you'll have.  However, if you aren't filling your schedule with a job or an internship it can get boring fast.  Having a few lazy days is nice but, setting some fun goals is the perfect way to beat the summer time blues and stay productive. Here are 5 ways to stay busy this summer while on a budget!      Take a class.  READ MORE

5 Ways Your Body Benefits from H2O

By MalloryRogers
April 9, 2014 - 4:00am

It is common knowledge that our bodies are made up of mostly water. Water is the life source of our planet and all species on it. It is basically free, yet somehow it is the most underutilized health tool out there! Here are some important ways that H2O can improve your quality of life, even if it's just by drinking a few more glasses a day! READ MORE

5 Ways to Discover Your Hidden Talent

By Kelly Lasher
April 7, 2014 - 3:00am

We are constantly surrounded by images and videos of celebrities showing off their talent, and we even take the time to watch these talented people award each other for all their hard work.  Sometimes it can be discouraging thinking that we'll never be as good with a bow and arrow as Jennifer Lawrence or be as handsome as Zac Efron; ok so that's not a talent, but still!  Don't let these big name talents discourage you from discovering and embracing your own.  Your talent can be weird and somewhat useless or a marketable one, but talent is talent and here are a few ways to get started!      1. Start small. READ MORE

5 Books Every College Girl Should Read

By Ashley Frederickson
April 1, 2014 - 3:30am

Here are 5 books that will inspire and help you in your college years and way beyond! Now get reading!      1. Shoo, Jimmy Choo! - A Modern's Girls Guide to Spending Less and Saving More. By: Catey Hill   READ MORE

5 Dorm-Friendly Core Exercises

By MalloryRogers
March 28, 2014 - 3:00am

It is officially spring, which means summer is just around the corner! It is time to get your body into tip-top shape. Here are five core exercises that you can do in your dorm room to achieve those rock hard abs! We at Her Campus Utah want you to feel AMAZING while rocking that bikini this summer! The (Tried and True!) Plank Variation 1 READ MORE

How to Get Out of a Scary Stranger Situation

By MalloryRogers
March 25, 2014 - 2:00pm

We've all been there - that strange someone who follows you around in the grocery store, the facebook "friend" who gets a little too friendly, or maybe even an ex-boyfriend who won't back off -we've all felt threatened by someone at some point. There are several things you can do to prevent scary situations, as well as protect yourself when they are unavoidable. When you are being Cyberstalked... READ MORE

HC Spring Break Survival Kit

By Ellie Briggs
March 20, 2014 - 6:00pm

Spring Break was last week and campus was empty with everyone in Las Vegas supporting the Utes (and partying too!), traveling to sandy beaches, or living the life here in Salt Lake City. As a way to reboot and get back into the groove of going to class and acing our exams, Her Campus sent our chapter an AMAZING box of some of our favorite partner’s products to share with our team and (wait for it…) all of you! READ MORE

G-Eazy: These Things Happen

By Ellie Briggs
March 19, 2014 - 3:30pm

READ MORE

5 Steps to Stop Procrastinating

By Kelly Lasher
March 5, 2014 - 3:00am

Spring Break is only 5 days away and that means midterms are upon us. Here are 5 easy steps to stop procrastinating so, you can open your text books and study on! READ MORE