Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Blog

Finals Survival Kit

By Ellie Briggs
May 16, 2014 - 3:21pm

Finals week is hard; we know it and you know it. We pull all nighters studying for the dreaded tests while trying to survive on coffee and chocolate (because we all deserve a piece of chocolate during finals week). Thankfully for us, Her Campus, LUNA bars, Chipotle, and Popchips came to our rescue with the HC Finals Survival Kit! READ MORE

The Benefits of a Long-Term Relationship

By Emily Means
May 3, 2014 - 12:29am

My boyfriend, Donald, and I have been dating for four years now, since we were little juniors in high school. Ours is a romantic tale that began in the band room- I, a trombone player, and he, a saxophonist. We shared a music stand at a football game and the rest is history. READ MORE

The 9 Worst Things You Could Possibly Do After a Breakup

By Rizki Permatasari
April 28, 2014 - 3:00am

Whether it was his fault, yours, or things are just weren't working out anymore, a breakup will always hurt. After all the time you two spent together you might find that letting go is hard to do. The emotions you have of sadness, dissapointment, and anger will take you for a wild ride! Her Campus Utah is here to help and make sure you handle your breakup with grace. No matter how hard it is, try not to do these nine things. READ MORE

5 Reasons Why Freshman Year is the Best Year

By Kelly Lasher
April 23, 2014 - 3:00am

As the school year is coming to a close it's hard not to get a little sentimental about your first year in college.  Although there are many ups and downs as you try to navigate your new life as a freshman, it is easily one of the best years of college.  You are one step closer to the real world and have learned more about who you are and who you want to be.  Good or bad, you always remember your first!       Fresh Start. READ MORE

Habits That are Hindering Your Weight Loss

By MalloryRogers
April 17, 2014 - 2:45pm

We have all been there -- working hard at the gym, eating right the majority of the time, and we just aren't seeing weight loss.  Our bodies are much like fine-tuned machines.  If one small component isn't working, it can offset the function of the machine entirely.  If you are in a weight-loss rut, there are some simple changes that you could make to help get you over your plateau!  Just ask yourself the following questions:   Are you Drinking Enough Water? READ MORE

5 Ways to Stay Busy in the Summer on a Budget

By Kelly Lasher
April 11, 2014 - 3:30am

With summer just around the corner it's hard not to get excited about all the free time you'll have.  However, if you aren't filling your schedule with a job or an internship it can get boring fast.  Having a few lazy days is nice but, setting some fun goals is the perfect way to beat the summer time blues and stay productive. Here are 5 ways to stay busy this summer while on a budget!      Take a class.  READ MORE

5 Ways Your Body Benefits from H2O

By MalloryRogers
April 9, 2014 - 4:00am

It is common knowledge that our bodies are made up of mostly water. Water is the life source of our planet and all species on it. It is basically free, yet somehow it is the most underutilized health tool out there! Here are some important ways that H2O can improve your quality of life, even if it's just by drinking a few more glasses a day! READ MORE

5 Ways to Discover Your Hidden Talent

By Kelly Lasher
April 7, 2014 - 3:00am

We are constantly surrounded by images and videos of celebrities showing off their talent, and we even take the time to watch these talented people award each other for all their hard work.  Sometimes it can be discouraging thinking that we'll never be as good with a bow and arrow as Jennifer Lawrence or be as handsome as Zac Efron; ok so that's not a talent, but still!  Don't let these big name talents discourage you from discovering and embracing your own.  Your talent can be weird and somewhat useless or a marketable one, but talent is talent and here are a few ways to get started!      1. Start small. READ MORE

5 Books Every College Girl Should Read

By Ashley Frederickson
April 1, 2014 - 3:30am

Here are 5 books that will inspire and help you in your college years and way beyond! Now get reading!      1. Shoo, Jimmy Choo! - A Modern's Girls Guide to Spending Less and Saving More. By: Catey Hill   READ MORE

5 Dorm-Friendly Core Exercises

By MalloryRogers
March 28, 2014 - 3:00am

It is officially spring, which means summer is just around the corner! It is time to get your body into tip-top shape. Here are five core exercises that you can do in your dorm room to achieve those rock hard abs! We at Her Campus Utah want you to feel AMAZING while rocking that bikini this summer! The (Tried and True!) Plank Variation 1 READ MORE