Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Blog

My Roommate Woes Part I

By Shykell Ledford
September 29, 2014 - 6:58pm

Graduated. YES! College here I come. It’s going to be great. Just like the movies. I’ll live with fabulous girls, and we’ll go to all the parties (looking fly as hell) and we’ll be best friends forever! Wrong. So wrong. I don’t know if I’m the only person this has happened to, but living situations since leaving my dad’s house have been, well a nightmare. Thankfully a hilarious nightmare, so I’ll survive! I'm writing this to let everyone who has had terrible roommates know, you are not alone. So, please sit back, relax, and enjoy my roomate woes! READ MORE

Concert Do's and Don'ts

By Kelly Lasher
September 26, 2014 - 6:57pm

B.o.B. and Vic Mensa made an appearance at the University of Utah last Friday and gave an unforgettable performace. At the concert we noticed a few concert do's and don'ts you should be knowledgable about for the next big show you attend. These tips will make you a concert pro so, you can enjoy the music and not worry about carrying a big purse, or ruining your shoes. We have your backs collegiettes! READ MORE

How to Get That Perfect Half-Up Top Knot Bun

By Autumn Lieu
September 24, 2014 - 3:00am

The half-up top knot bun has been seen on fashion runways and celebrities, to fashion bloggers and girls in your city. Everyone seems to be rocking this trend! The half-up top knot bun is one of the easiest hairstyles for any occasion. It's perfect for going to class, on dates, to formals, the airport, for a hike etc. You name the place and time, and you'll definitely by able to rock this new hairstyle! READ MORE

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. 20th Anniversary Pop-Up Central Perk

By Ellie Briggs
September 23, 2014 - 1:05am

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. has officially turned 20! Today September 22, 2014, marks the 20th anniversary of the popular NBC T.V. show that ended in 2004. To celebrate the anniversary, a pop-up Central Perk appeared in Soho, New York. It was an exact replica of iconic coffee shop. READ MORE

3 Ways to Have Your Best Semester Yet

By Kelly Lasher
September 20, 2014 - 7:55pm

Welcome back to school collegiettes™! We have entered into fall semester, which is the better semester after all, with the cool weather (so you're not sweating everyday on your way to class), comfy scarves, pumpkin spice lattes, football games, and many activities and fairs on campus! We hope you are all settled into your classes now and ready to have the best semester of your lives with these 3 tips! READ MORE

Healthy in a Hurry

By Kayla Van Hoose
September 18, 2014 - 3:00am

We all “strive” to be healthy in college while juggling heavy course loads, part-time jobs, constant social events, and a cheap budget. With no time to spare and little money to spend we often find ourselves pushing our health to the side. However, staying healthy in college IS possible. Below are 5 awesome tips, recipes, and workout routines to incorporate into your everyday schedule that won’t take much time at all! READ MORE

How to Zen Out Your Dorm Room

By Stephanie Matsen
September 12, 2014 - 3:00am

Christmas-Lights-in-Bedroom-42-1-Kindesign.jpg READ MORE

3 Underrated Shows to Watch on Netflix

By Mietra Aarabi
September 11, 2014 - 3:00am

I don’t know about you guys but sometimes (always), I need to wind down after a hard week with some good ole TV. Movies, Netflix originals, Hulu, Xfinity, you name it; I watch it. But I’ve been dying lately somewhere between finishing Orange is the New Black too quickly and waiting for the newest season of "The Mindy Project" (oh my gosh, one week guys!) to come back. So what am I going to watch this week? What are you going to watch this week? Here are three of my favorite underrated things on Netflix to tide us all over until Mindy can soothe us all with her comedic blend of frivolity and wit again. READ MORE

Date Night With Me, Myself, and I

By Kelly Lasher
September 5, 2014 - 8:00pm

Whether you’ve had a string of bad dates or just need something fun to do by yourself, look no further because we have the perfect list for me-time dates. No matter what mood you’re in you can find a fun activity to do where you don’t have to worry about looking perfect or saying all the right things. You can learn to love spending time with just yourself and feel confident in saying “Table for one!” If you’re feeling fun: READ MORE

5 Ways to Get Organized for the Semester

By Ashley Frederickson
September 3, 2014 - 3:30am

Syllabus week is officially over. This means it's time to settle into your classes and get organized! Don't know where to begin? Let Her Campus Utah help! Here are five ways to get organized for the semester. READ MORE