Her Campus Utah Blog

• What to do if You Can't Go Home for the Holidays

For some of us cranberry sauce is the cherry on top of our favorite holiday! Turkey fever has come and let’s admit it, instead of focusing in class we’re all dreaming about time off from school and chowing down on leftover turkey. But if you can’t make it home for the holidays there are other ways to celebrate. Here’s a few ideas for a chance to make new traditions!

• 5 Life Lessons We Can Learn From Fat Amy

We all know who she is. She is the one we quote all the time. Fat Amy from the popular movie Pitch Perfect is who we are talking about, one of the lead Bella's. Throughout the movie Fat Amy teaches us some pretty meaningful life lessons and we are here to point them out and help you learn how to be a better you!

• MUSS Bus 2014

Over the past weekend, I was lucky enough to take the MUSS Bus to San Francisco to watch the Utah vs. Stanford game. For any students who are in the MUSS, I highly recommend going on the trip. It’s only $250 for transportation, 2 nights hotel stay, and your ticket to the game. It is an AWESOME deal if you ask me!

• The Skin Care Routine You Need Now

Utah is a very, very dry climate and everyone’s skin reacts differently. Here are ways to help prevent dry, unwanted skin! I'm going to talk to you about three types of skin: dry, oily and combination. How do you know what skin type you have? Well, if your face feels tight and will peel off in some places then you have dry skin. If your face feels/ looks shiny and you could blot off oils onto a paper then you have oily skin. If your skin is oily in your “t- zone” area (the T from your forehead down to your nose) feels tight and could potentially peels around your mouth, then you have combination skin. So now that you know what type of skin you have, follow this special skin care routine I made just for you! All products can be found at Sephora.

• 5 Sorority Myths Debunked

Break out the bows, sing your heart out, and Throw What You Know, because I'm bringing up the sorority subject.

• 5 Natural Beauty Products From Women Around the World

We often spend way too much time and money buying complex beauty products that never end up working as well as they claim. And most the time, we don’t know exactly what chemicals and toxins we are applying to our bodies that can be harmful to us over time. Here are five natural, healthy, and successful remedies from women around the world!

• How to Turn Thrift Store Finds Into Treasures

Being able to go to a thrift store and find something that is unique, beautiful, and functional brings my wallet and I so much joy. Whether you are newly out on your own, or in need of a small vamp to your life but you don't have the means or desires to buy everything brand new, thrift stores can be your best friend. Knowing what to buy and how to turn it into something you can be proud of is the trick. Just know before hand, almost everything you buy from a thirft store will have to be DIY'ed in one way or another. Since I am an entrepreuner for all things DIY, here are some ideas of how to flip your new thrift store find:

• My Roommate Woes Part IV

Mommy roomie? Been there. Dorm fails? Done that. Third Wheel? You bet. And now, here we are at Part IV! I must say, I’ve come a long way these past three years since I’ve been a high school grad. Yet, I still don’t have everything figured out. Again, I have some woes to elaborate and advice to give.

• A Girl's Guide to Watching Football

As womens we were never taught how to watch football like men. For some reason, men find it either incredibly attractive or incredibly annoying when we join in. That all depends on how we act thought! Here are some easy do's and don’ts for watching football with a man!

• My Roommate Woes Part III

Welcome back collegiettes™! So far we’ve covered roommate woes from embarrassing mom texts to dealing with ant infestations. I’m sorry to report that, while this next tale leaves out critters, it highlights an all new aura of awkwardness. If you don’t recall from last week, my roommate (from the dorms) and I were planning on moving into a house down below campus the summer after my sophomore year.

• Back-to-School Survival Kit

It's here! The fall Back-To-School Survival Kit has finally arrived and school is about to become a little easier! We at Her Campus Utah...

• Lullabies by Lang Leav

Lang Leav, an artist, designer, amazing poet and author of Love & Misadventure , brings her fans her newest book Lullabies . Leav...

• Instantly Up Your Confidence

We’ve all been there, when you’re just not feeling your best. Sometimes it’s a reaction to an extenuating circumstance—while other times the self-doubt seems to hit without warning. No worries though, Her Campus Utah has you covered! Take a peek at these simple confidence boosting tricks; they are surefire ways to improve your mood with minimal effort.

• My Roommate Woes Part II

Welcome back to the chronology of my roommate miseries. I hope you enjoyed reading last week about my naïve decision to live with my mom for freshman year. Quick recap: just don’t. Got it? I sure hope so. I learned this a little too late, but your mom will still feed you if you move out! Anyway, let’s move on. Next up on my tragic narrative – University of Utah dorms.

• Five Things to Know Before Choosing Where to Study Abroad

Planning to study abroad can be a stressful process. There is so much to choose from between where you want to go, what program you want to join, and where you want to stay. These five tips will help your planning process be a little less stressful, so you can focus on just how great of a time you're going to have!

• My Roommate Woes Part I

Graduated. YES! College here I come. It’s going to be great. Just like the movies. I’ll live with fabulous girls, and we’ll go to all the parties (looking fly as hell) and we’ll be best friends forever! Wrong. So wrong. I don’t know if I’m the only person this has happened to, but living situations since leaving my dad’s house have been, well a nightmare. Thankfully a hilarious nightmare, so I’ll survive! I'm writing this to let everyone who has had terrible roommates know, you are not alone. So, please sit back, relax, and enjoy my roomate woes!

• Concert Do's and Don'ts

B.o.B. and Vic Mensa made an appearance at the University of Utah last Friday and gave an unforgettable performace. At the concert we noticed a few concert do's and don'ts you should be knowledgable about for the next big show you attend. These tips will make you a concert pro so, you can enjoy the music and not worry about carrying a big purse, or ruining your shoes. We have your backs collegiettes!

• How to Get That Perfect Half-Up Top Knot Bun

The half-up top knot bun has been seen on fashion runways and celebrities, to fashion bloggers and girls in your city. Everyone seems to be rocking this trend! The half-up top knot bun is one of the easiest hairstyles for any occasion. It's perfect for going to class, on dates, to formals, the airport, for a hike etc. You name the place and time, and you'll definitely by able to rock this new hairstyle!

• F.R.I.E.N.D.S. 20th Anniversary Pop-Up Central Perk

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. has officially turned 20! Today September 22, 2014, marks the 20th anniversary of the popular NBC T.V. show that ended in 2004. To celebrate the anniversary, a pop-up Central Perk appeared in Soho, New York. It was an exact replica of iconic coffee shop.

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style