Her Campus Utah Blog

• 12 Must-Read Celebrity Blogs

Blogs are everywhere and everyone does it. Either you write a blog yourself, or you read many of them faithfully, everyday. Not only are...

• 5 Ways To Ring In Summer During Finals Week

Summer's on it's way, and we're all getting super antsy and anxious because before summer comes finals. Oh, the dreaded finals week! Want to celebrate this warm weather a little sooner than you thought? Here are 5 ways to ring in summer during finals week!

• 9 Things We Really Want to Say on Social Media

Admit it. We're all a little fake on social media. We like to keep up appearances and be super nice to people, when in reality we want to tell them how we really feel. We want to say that Facebook isn't a therapy session, Instagram is for pictures other than just selfies and food, and if I send you a Snapchat you better not screenshot that no matter what it is. If you can't or won't say it, we will. We're admitting to everything we've ever wanted to say on Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat!

• The 9 Worst Things You Could Possibly Do After a Breakup

Whether it was his fault, yours, or things are just weren't working out anymore, a breakup will always hurt. After all the time you two spent together you might find that letting go is hard to do. The emotions you have of sadness, dissapointment, and anger will take you for a wild ride! Her Campus Utah is here to help and make sure you handle your breakup with grace. No matter how hard it is, try not to do these nine things.

• 5 Steps to Stop Procrastinating

The end of the semester (wahoo!) is only a few weeks away, and that means finals are about to be upon us. As a way to get a jump start on your studying and an easy A, here are 5 easy steps to stop procrastinating so you can open your text books and study on!

• 5 Dorm-Friendly Core Exercises

It is officially spring, which means summer is just around the corner! It is time to get your body into tip-top shape. Here are five core...

• You're Beautiful Just the Way You Are

While sipping on my fat free vanilla latte that I just bought at the Barnes and Noble Starbucks, I scanned the magazine covers, in a desperate search to pair my morning coffee with some quality celebrity gossip. My eyes darted over Miley Cyrus’s tongue and Taylor Swift’s newest rumored boyfriend, but got stuck at the covers featuring the bikini-clad women. My five dollar latte began to taste rancid as I stared at the spidery long legs, perfect 6 pack abs, freshly tanned, long haired, beautiful armed women with the taunting title of “6-Weeks To a Perfect 6 Pack.”

• Cheerleading Lessons That Apply to Adult Life

I find myself waking up thinking, “I do not want to be an adult today.” Well, whether I want to or not I have to roll out of bed and start yet another day being a functioning 20-year-old in society. I look back to a very similar situation; waking up at 5:00 in the morning thinking, “I do not want to go to cheer practice.” After the blood, sweat, and tears I went through being a cheerleader I am finding how much of it has helped with the blood, sweat, and tears of being an adult.

• Get Your Her Campus Book Now

Have you heard?! Her Campus is coming out with their very own book just for all of you collegiettes! The book is called The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life, and has everything you could ever need to know about surviving in college.

• What To Say and What Not To Say To Your Roommate

I live with 6 girls, so I know what having all different types of roommates are. Sometimes you want to decorate her room with flowers and chocolates because you love her so much, and other times you have thoughts of pouring her $80 shampoo down the drain followed by mashing up all of her freakin’ Lush body washes that she swears by. Maybe you and your roomie started out as besties, you couldn’t imagine how much fun you two would have, it would be like the twin sister you never had and OH MY GOD, YOU SUDDENLY HAVE DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF CLOTHES. But with all of the positives their are some negatives, here’s how to figure this out and still be homies when the lease is up!

• Why It's Every Woman's Turn to be the Jerk

Yes, woman seem to be climbing the social ladder higher and faster than ever before in American society (while wearing heels I may add!). But why is it that men still think that we are the ones who need them the most? Could it be that we check our phones every ten minutes when we worry we won't see him that night, or the fact that we spend an extra twenty minutes on that perfect winged liner to impress the current man in our life?

• 8 Things You Need to Have the Spring Break of Your Life

It's spring break ladies! That means it's time for some fun! So grab your swimsuits, grab your suncreen, and grab all our spring break goodies because it's time for you to have the best spring break of you life. Thanks to our amazing sponsors like, Chipotle, Not Your Mother's Hair Care, Luna Bars, SABRE, Her Campus, Completely Bare Beauty, and Simon & Shuster's for making it possible to have you prepared in every way, shape, and form. Without them our spring breaks would be just like every other year. So sit back, relax, and find out the 8 things you need to have the best spring break ever.

• Confession: I Do Care What You Think of Me.

I always hear people say, “I don’t care what other people think of me.” I never fully believe them, but nonetheless, I admire their attitude. I, unfortunately, am very aware of what people think of me. I tell myself that it’s fine, that I’m simply a people pleaser. It’s never gotten me into much trouble. But I'm so concious of what people think that I tend to place opinions on myself that other people don’t actually hold. And lately my opinion of myself has gotten so unimpressive that I’ve decided to call myself out on it, and I'm calling out anyone reading this who’s dealing with the same stress!

• What to do When Deciding Who You Are Means a Harder Life

As a college student we learn more about ourselves faster than we can decide on a major. We change the type of people we date, our favorite foods, create unexpected friendships and discover new talents. Once we establish ourselves, it creates a grounding that no one else can provide. This personal grounding is an essential part of our life that we need to have before we can further our relationships and begin careers. College is our best time to build the ground underneath us.

• The 7 S's You Need to Pack for Spring Break

One more week and we are free... for spring break that is! This is the week we trade in the mountains and (small amount of) snow for the sun, water, and white sand. While I bet you're dreaming of laying in the sun getting an amazing tan, don't forget to think about what you'll need to pack for an unforgettable trip! To help to get you started on your packing list, we at Her Campus Utah want to remind you of the 7 S's. The 7 S's you need to be sure to pack for you spring break vacation in the sun!

• High School vs. College Relationships

You're in college now, and things work a little bit differently. You don't have your parents anymore constantly breathing over your shoulder. Your best friend who has been by your side since kindergarten is at different college, and your boyfriend and you are now trying the long distance thing or you ended it because you thought it'd be easier.

• 5 Ways To De-Clutter Your Life

It's easy to let things build up over the years. Being in college leaves little time to go through old things and organize our lives. Clothes, books, papers, e-mails, and bad relationships can build up, and if we don't address them it can add unneeded stress. So, it's time for a little spring cleaning to make your life easier and simpler!

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style