This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I think we can all agree that sushi is one of the most amazing culinary masterpieces ever created.  A day without sushi is a day wasted.  Here is a list of some of the most amazing sushi restarunts in Salt Lake for any budget. (Warning: This post may make you crave sushi so intensly that you cant last another moment without it in your life).  

$

1. Ichiban Sushi and Asian Grill: 3424 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84115.  Ichiban has some of the best sushi around for an extremely inexpensive price.  All of their rolls are always 50% off.  The interior is not exactly visually enamoring, but service is usually very fast and rolls are delicious. Their take-out sushi is not made with the same quality as if you were to sit down, so make sure you stay and eat here. Roll to try: Fire Dragon.

2. Red Mermaid: 3333 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84115.  Red Mermaid (formally known as Red Ginger) has a large variety of sushi rolls for a very decent price.  This restaurant also has 50% off all their rolls all the time.  The atmosphere is very clean and friendly and their take-out sushi is just as wonderful as it is in house. Roll to try: Playboy.

3.  Simply Sushi: 180 W 400 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.  Simply Sushi offers endless sushi for lunch and dinner.  Lunch endless sushi costs $16.95 and excludes delux rolls and dinner costs $22.95 and includes them.  Simply Sushi is definitely the place to go for inexpensive all you can eat sushi! Roll to try: Godzilla Tempura.

4. Sushi Burrito: 180 800 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.  Sushi burrito is an innovative way to have your favorite sushi roll.  Sushi burrito will keep you full for hours.  They offer a punch card that will give you a free burrito after you purchase 10.  Definitely take your sushi burrito to go, the restaurant is extremely tiny. Roll to try: California Sumo.

$$

5. Ahh Sushi:  22 E 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111. Moderately priced sushi, a full menu of Japanese food, and a busy bar makes Ahh Sushi a perfect location for date night.  They offer happy hour sushi from 5-6pm and then again from 10-11 pm.  Roll to try: Funky Vegas.

6. Ichiban Sushi: 336 S 400 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.  Not to be confused with Ichiban Sushi and Asian Grill.  Ichiban is located much closer too the U and has a traditional Japanese restaurant atmosphere.  Ichiban has delicious appetizers and filling rolls. They offer happy hour sushi Monday through Wednesday 5-10 pm.  Roll to try: Lotus.

7. Benihana.  165 West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.  By far some of the best sushi in Salt Lake.  Benihana offers a large variety of rolls for full price all day.  Their happy hour is from 5-8, Monday through Friday, where they offer select rolls for as cheap as $5.  Make sure you sit downstairs in the sushi section to utilize this discount.  Service is always fast and efficient.  Roll to try: Gothem.

$$$

8. Sapa:  722 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.  Sapa does not offer reservations, and this place fills up fast every weekend.  Sapa offers all you can eat Monday through Thursday from 5-6:30 for $23.95.  To eat as Sapa at least one member of your party has to be 21 years old.  Sapa has a high-end, new age atmosphere and offers many one of a kind rolls. Roll to try: Albacore Garlic.

9.  Kyoto Japanese Restaurant: 1080 1300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84105.  Kyoto has traditional Japanese restaurant décor.  The rolls are on the expensive side, but they are gigantic and extremely fresh.  You’re really getting what you pay for at this restaurant.  Roll to try: Dragon.

10. Takashi:  18 W Market St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.  Takashi I a very high-end sushi restaurant.  They offer a large Sake menu and their rolls are innovative and unique.  Takashi does not take reservations and is always busy, so prepare for a wait, however you can order drinks while waiting. Rolls to try: Yellow Submarine or Strawberry Fields.

Now go get some sushi.

I have a deep love for mermaids, pitbulls, swearing, and all things involving food.  Shania Twain is my spirit animal and I'm a converted Belieber.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor