Her Campus Utah Archives

• 5 Life Lessons We Can Learn From Fat Amy

We all know who she is. She is the one we quote all the time. Fat Amy from the popular movie Pitch Perfect is who we are talking about, one of the lead Bella's. Throughout the movie Fat Amy teaches us some pretty meaningful life lessons and we are here to point them out and help you learn how to be a better you!

• Kuvo: The Campus Dog

The one and only Kovu is this week’s campus celebrity. For all you avid animal lovers, dogs are just as equal as human’s right? You know you know him. He's campus' most known dog!

• Austin Gibbs '14

Meet Campus Cutie, Austin Gibbs. He plays football for the Utah Utes, and yes he is single!

• 3 Things On Campus You'd Be Silly Not To Do

We have an AMAZING campus - no doubt about it. I think students who come to campus just to go to class are crazy! There are a myriad of things going on all the time; how can you let class be the only thing your tuition is good for? We paid the money, now let's play. These 3 things are some of my favorites! And if you haven't done them, don't worry, there's still time!

• 4 Ways To Get New York Chic Style

Watching Gossip Girl re-runs, walking down the streets of New York City, or by even looking at all style blogs, you'll notice New york girls have the chicest style. And the best part about their style... it's not hard to achieve at all! You just need a few tips to help achieve the perfect New york look!

• MUSS Bus 2014

Over the past weekend, I was lucky enough to take the MUSS Bus to San Francisco to watch the Utah vs. Stanford game. For any students who are in the MUSS, I highly recommend going on the trip. It’s only $250 for transportation, 2 nights hotel stay, and your ticket to the game. It is an AWESOME deal if you ask me!

• Fear Factor

Event Date & Time: 
    Fri, 11/21/2014 - 20:00 to 23:00
    Location: 
    PHC 1a/1b
  • The Skin Care Routine You Need Now

Utah is a very, very dry climate and everyone’s skin reacts differently. Here are ways to help prevent dry, unwanted skin! I'm going to talk to you about three types of skin: dry, oily and combination. How do you know what skin type you have? Well, if your face feels tight and will peel off in some places then you have dry skin. If your face feels/ looks shiny and you could blot off oils onto a paper then you have oily skin. If your skin is oily in your “t- zone” area (the T from your forehead down to your nose) feels tight and could potentially peels around your mouth, then you have combination skin. So now that you know what type of skin you have, follow this special skin care routine I made just for you! All products can be found at Sephora.

• Mallory Rogers: Fear No Fight

Her Campus Utah is honored to call Mallory Rogers, a former Her Campus Utah writer, our Campus Celebrity. She may look familiar, as she has been a Campus Celebrity before, but she just keeps reaching greater heights and continuing to impress us. We couldn't resist featuring her one more time. Mallory has created a new blog called Fear No Fight. The blog is about her journey to recovery after being sexually abused. Her blog is super inspiring and we couldn't be more proud. See what Mallory has to say about her new and fastly growing blog!

• Bret Helton '16

Name: Bret Helton Hometown: Colorado Springs, CO Graduation Year: 2016 Major: Entrepreneurship Campus Activities: Baseball Relationship...

• G-Eazy Interview: From the Bay to the Universe Tour Comes to SLC

Over the past year, the name G-Eazy has become a well known name is the Salt Lake area. The Oakland born rapper, who went to college in New Orleans, seems to make it a point to stop in Salt Lake City every tour. He was here on March 11, 2014 for his ‘These Things Happen’ tour, and on September 11, 2014 when he opened for Drake and Lil Wayne. Well collegiettes™, G is coming back! He will be rocking the stage at The Complex on November 22nd for his ‘Bay to the Universe’ tour. G-Eazy, whose real name is Gerald Gillum, graduated from Loyola University in New Orleans, LA three years ago with a BS in Music Industry Studies. He is most known for his rendition of the 1960’s hit “Runaround Sue”. He is now known for other popular songs like: “Marilyn”, “I Mean It”, “Far Alone”, and “Tumblr Girls”. In honor of G making another very exciting return to Salt Lake City, Her Campus Utah got the chance to talk with G-Eazy about his music, life, and tour. Check out what G had to say!

• 4 Reasons Why You Need a Sweater Dress

It's cold out there; winter time is quickly approaching. You know what that means though collegiettes™... SWEATER WEATHER! It's the best time of the year, and this year instead of just wearing any sweater, vamp it up with a sweater dress! This will make you more stylish, but still just as warm. Still not a good enough reason? Well let me keep going and tell you four simple reasons why you should be rocking a sweater dress!

• 5 Sorority Myths Debunked

Break out the bows, sing your heart out, and Throw What You Know, because I'm bringing up the sorority subject.

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style