Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

Human Values with Neil deGrasse Tyson

By Utah Contributor
March 24, 2014 - 2:30am

TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT ARE SOLD OUT
The lecture will be broadcast live on March 26, 2014 at 7 PM
to multiple University of Utah venues:

Marriott Library's Gould Auditorium (295 S 1500 E)
Social and Behavioral Science Lecture Hall (392 S 1530 E)
NEW LOCATION: Social Work Auditorium (395 S 1500 E, Rm 134)
Live broadcasts are sponsored by XMission.
Broadcasts are free and open to the public (no tickets required), with doors opening at 6 PM. Free parking in most university permit lots (excluding visitor pay lots) after 6 PM The Tanner Humanities Center presents the 2014 Tanner Lecture on Human Values with Neil deGrasse Tyson, titled "Science as a Way of Knowing." ...

HC Spring Break Survival Kit

By Ellie Briggs
March 20, 2014 - 6:00pm

Spring Break was last week and campus was empty with everyone in Las Vegas supporting the Utes (and partying too!), traveling to sandy beaches, or living the life here in Salt Lake City. As a way to reboot and get back into the groove of going to class and acing our exams, Her Campus sent our chapter an AMAZING box of some of our favorite partner’s products to share with our team and (wait for it…) all of you! READ MORE

Lindsey Smith: Radio City Rockette

By Ashley Frederickson
March 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Lindsey Smith was Utah's Jr. Miss in 2003 and later became Miss Murray in 2007 while attending the University of Utah. She graduated that same year and became one of the legendary Rockettes. She is loving and living the life so, it was fun to catch up with her! Her Campus (HC): What is your favorite memory from the University of Utah? READ MORE

7 Friends You Don't Need In Your Life

By Rizki Permatasari
March 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Friendship is an essential aspect in everyone’s life.  As Aristotle once said, “Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.”  We couldn’t agree more!  We all need our friends, and we know that they can definitely make our lives better.  But have you ever felt the opposite?  Maybe you have that one friend that annoys you more than anything.  Learning that you don't have to be or stay friends with everyone is a tough but a necessary lesson that a lot of girls need to figure out.  Take a look at this list and see if there's some social spring cleaning to be done!      1. The Whiner READ MORE

Top 5 Flats for Campus Living

By Kelly Lasher
March 19, 2014 - 7:00pm

The weather is getting warmer and that means it's time to ditch those boots you have been wearing all winter, unless they are cut-out booties of course!  We are here to help you pick the best and most comfortable flats out there!  Here are the top 5 flats for campus living:      1. Casual Flats: Dark Blue Geometric Jonathan Adler for Toms $59 READ MORE

G-Eazy: These Things Happen

By Ellie Briggs
March 19, 2014 - 3:30pm

READ MORE

Rock The U

By Utah Contributor
March 19, 2014 - 2:06pm

Fight against cancer at the 2014 Rock the U Dance-a-thon! Join us for a 12-hour dance marathon, with non-stop music, activities, food, and more! This year's event features a live musical performance from Jordan Humphrey, inflatables, an oxygen bar, Starbucks, Ugurt, a t-shirt press, photos, and dancing all night long! For more information: http://rocktheu.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1074090   READ MORE

The Grand Kerfuffle - Hoodie Allen

By Utah Contributor
March 19, 2014 - 1:12pm

Featuring Hoodie Allen with Talib Kweli, Burnell Washburn and The Druthers - April 4th on the Union Lawn! Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Tickets are now available at the Union Front Desk. Students may receive one free ticket with their UCard, and may purchase a second ticket for $5. General admission tickets are also available for $20. READ MORE

ASUU Musical Talent Night

By Utah Contributor
March 18, 2014 - 10:56pm

Ever wonder what it would be like to perform in front of University of Utah students - here is your chance! ASUU will be hosting a music talent night on April 16 to give students the opportunity to share their musical abilities. Whether your are a vocalist, rapper or in an a cappella group, we want to hear from you! This showcase will take place in the Fine Arts Auditorium offering great sounds as well as a large audience to perform for. READ MORE

Pacific Islander Student Association Spring Luau

By Utah Contributor
March 18, 2014 - 10:50pm

Wednesday, Mar. 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. the Pacific Islander Student Association presents A Journey Through Paradise Annual Spring Luau. Tickets are being sold for $7.00 in room 235 Main office CESA or $15.00 day of at the door. For more information email lnoke.felila@gmail.com or Mtauala@yahoo.com. Come experience the spirit of the Pacific Islands! READ MORE