Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

Mike Bird - Engage. Enhance. Ensure.

By Ellie Briggs
March 3, 2014 - 7:00am

READ MORE

The American Girl Playlist

By Mietra Aarabi
March 3, 2014 - 7:00am

This is what I listen to when I’m feeling young, wild, free, and proud!  Blast this playlist in the car, or while getting ready by yourself or with your girls to remember that you’ll never be as young as you are now.  So, you better have fun! "American Girl" - Bonnie McKee READ MORE

Justin Spangler: A Visionary

By Trâm Hoàng
February 27, 2014 - 3:00am

READ MORE

Bridger T. Harris '14

By Ellie Briggs
February 26, 2014 - 3:00am

Meet this weeks Campus Cutie, Bridger T. Harris.  Bridger is a member of the Union Programming Council, ASUU, Student Alumni Board, Union Board, University Marketing Committee, MUSS, and is an International Ambassador.  Is there anything he can't do?  Not only is Bridger unstoppable on campus, but he is also an all around great guy!  Seems to us at HC Utah that Bridger is the full package, and we wouldn't mind going that ideal date with him! Name:  Bridger T. Harris Hometown:  Salt Lake City, UT Graduation Year:  2014 READ MORE

Soon to be Trend: Cut-Out Boots

By Mietra Aarabi
February 26, 2014 - 3:00am

Due to my lack of ‘real’ midterms as an art major and my social media addiction, I can say with a moderate level of certainty and elation that boots with cut-outs will rule the streets this spring and summer. The ubiquitous ankle booties that have saved our soles and wardrobe over the bitterly cold winter will now assist our warm weather outfits as well, without the inconvenience of sweating our feet off because of awesome, intentional holes! The feature will show itself in a variety of styles and colors for every personality and budget! I’d say buckles will be pretty common as well, but that’s not exactly new. Tell me you’re not dying to pair these with those thrift-store cut-off denim shorts from last year!...

5 Positive Lessons to Learn From Miley Cyrus

By Kelly Lasher
February 25, 2014 - 3:00am

With Miley Cyrus's "Bangerz" tour just kicking off and her steamy kiss with Katy Perry, we all can't help but to think: Miley!  Although Miley Cyrus no longer stands at the top of the list of good role models, she is more than just an outrageous celebrity.  She may not be your favorite singer and yes, you can be annoyed by her tongue usage, but she does have her strengths.  We at HC Utah are choosing to only focus on her strengths.  Here are 5 positive lessons we can all learn from Miley Cyrus: Lesson 1: She embraces change.  READ MORE

Whose arm would you rather be on at the Oscar's this Sunday?

By Utah Contributor

Bill Cosby

By Utah Contributor
February 24, 2014 - 5:16pm

Bill Cosby is coming to the University of Utah Feb. 28 at Kingsbury Hall! Over the past century, few entertainers have achieved the legendary status of William H. Cosby Jr. In the 1960s, his stand-up act was a coast-to-coast sensation, with eight Gold Records, five Platinum records and five Grammy Awards. In the 1980s, he again rocked the television world with the The Cosby Show. READ MORE

Spring 2014 Parent & Family Weekend

By Utah Contributor
February 24, 2014 - 5:05pm

Registration for the weekend is $15 per parent and includes everything but: Guest House Rooms, Snowshoe Outing, and Skiing at Alta. Registration deadline is Friday, February 21. Students are invited to included events free of charge. If you want to sit with your student at the Men's Basketball game on Saturday, there will be a $5 charge, as seats are reserved. Otherwise, students can enjoy the game from the student section free with their student ID. Reserve your hotel rooms at the University Guest House: 801-587-1000. Make sure to mention the Parent Association for a discounted rate! ACCESS THE REGISTRATION SYSTEM HERE. Friday, February 28: 6:00pm - Gymnastics meet against University of Washington Saturday, March 1:...

Fitness Fads Explained: What is Right for You?

By MalloryRogers
February 24, 2014 - 5:00pm

Due to social media, the fitness world has exploded in the last several years. It’s so easy to get lost in between the lines of the different fads and lifestyles. You hear phrases that sound foreign; Paleo? WOD? Meal-prepping? Cleanses? Fasted cardio? There are so many variations of healthy eating and exercise, it can be hard to make sense of it all. No fear, I’m here to help you decipher what these trends mean and how to incorporate them safely into your own daily routines. The Paleo Diet READ MORE