Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

Rock The U

By Utah Contributor
March 19, 2014 - 2:06pm

Fight against cancer at the 2014 Rock the U Dance-a-thon! Join us for a 12-hour dance marathon, with non-stop music, activities, food, and more! This year's event features a live musical performance from Jordan Humphrey, inflatables, an oxygen bar, Starbucks, Ugurt, a t-shirt press, photos, and dancing all night long! For more information: http://rocktheu.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1074090   READ MORE

The Grand Kerfuffle - Hoodie Allen

By Utah Contributor
March 19, 2014 - 1:12pm

Featuring Hoodie Allen with Talib Kweli, Burnell Washburn and The Druthers - April 4th on the Union Lawn! Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Tickets are now available at the Union Front Desk. Students may receive one free ticket with their UCard, and may purchase a second ticket for $5. General admission tickets are also available for $20. READ MORE

ASUU Musical Talent Night

By Utah Contributor
March 18, 2014 - 10:56pm

Ever wonder what it would be like to perform in front of University of Utah students - here is your chance! ASUU will be hosting a music talent night on April 16 to give students the opportunity to share their musical abilities. Whether your are a vocalist, rapper or in an a cappella group, we want to hear from you! This showcase will take place in the Fine Arts Auditorium offering great sounds as well as a large audience to perform for. READ MORE

Pacific Islander Student Association Spring Luau

By Utah Contributor
March 18, 2014 - 10:50pm

Wednesday, Mar. 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. the Pacific Islander Student Association presents A Journey Through Paradise Annual Spring Luau. Tickets are being sold for $7.00 in room 235 Main office CESA or $15.00 day of at the door. For more information email lnoke.felila@gmail.com or Mtauala@yahoo.com. Come experience the spirit of the Pacific Islands! READ MORE

Nathan Peterson '16

By Trâm Hoàng
March 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Welcome back collegiettes™! How did you spend your Spring Break?

By Utah Contributor

The Ultimate Chocolate Festival

By Utah Contributor
March 17, 2014 - 1:34pm

Experience the vast and delicious world of Utah chocolate at the Natural History Museum of Utah's Ultimate Chocolate Festival! We have gathered some of the best award-winning chocolate makers, restaurateurs, and pastry chefs from around the state for this two-day chocolate extravaganza. Visit Chocolate: The Exhibition and become a chocolate connoisseur through the Chocolate Tastings that occur every hour within the exhibit. Participate in cacao seed grinding demonstrations. Test Fremont pot shards for chocolate residue. Draw your favorite chocolate memory to contribute to a community art piece. Watch Mayan dancers from the Utah Hispanic Dance Alliance and modern dancers from the University of Utah's Modern Dance Department perform in the Canyon....

Thumbelina

By Utah Contributor
March 17, 2014 - 1:32pm

Produced and performed by Youth Theatre at the U The classic fairy tale about a tiny girl born in a flower is given a Latin flair in this musical adaptation featuring songs from Mexico and Central and South America. The story follows the small but plucky heroine through many adventures, learning along the way that when you follow your heart, nothing is impossible. Performed by the talented young actors of the U’s Youth Theatre, it’s a performance that the whole family will enjoy! READ MORE

3 Best Places to Eat on Campus

By Trâm Hoàng
March 17, 2014 - 1:30pm

Are you hungry and tired of eating the same, boring campus food everyday?  We at HC Utah have you covered!  Try these 3 places to eat on campus and enjoy the change!      1. Tony Caputo’s Market & Deli Tony Caputo’s Market & Deli is an Italian cuisine deli located on the first floor inside the Carolyn Tanner Irish Humanities Building.  This little branch of Tony Caputo’s is truly an ideal place to have sandwiches and soups.  It is quite a small deli but has plenty of seating, including indoor and outdoor tables. READ MORE

Bennion Center Open House

By Utah Contributor
March 17, 2014 - 1:28pm

Come meet Bennion Center student leaders and find out what the Bennion Center is all about. Sign up to volunteer, learn about our programs, and grab some food. READ MORE