Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

Dress Like Style Icon Kylie Jenner

By Autumn Lieu
April 23, 2014 - 3:00am

Kylie Jenner, a reality televison star from Keeping Up With the Kardashions, model, fashion designer with sister Kendall Jenner for Pac Sun, and Brand Ambassador for Seventeen Magazine, is a fashion icon that we all love.  While walking the streets of L.A., Kylie always looks so effortless and edgy.  We at Her Campus Utah decided to show you how to get one of her looks to rock on campus! We chose this casual outfit of Kylie's because it is stylish and so effortless.  You can wear it while running errands, attending class, or anywhere you're needing an outfit that's so simple, and fabulous! T-Shirt: READ MORE

EAE Fest 2014

By Kayla Van Hoose
April 23, 2014 - 1:26am

Join us for the EAEFest 2014! All listed events are free and open to the public. Wednesday, April 23 ANIMATION FEST 10am | Post Theater The Film and Media Arts Department will screen animations from this year’s program. Come see innovative multi-media projects and learn about the process! MACHINIMAFEST 3pm | Union Theater Machinima is the creation of animated movies using 3D video game engines. Check out the excellent work from this year's class! Thursday, April 24 EAE Day | 2-5pm | MGS North Merrill Engineering Bldg Room 3345 READ MORE

Student Animation Screening

By Kayla Van Hoose
April 23, 2014 - 1:23am

Join the Department of Film and Media Arts for the 2013-2014 Student Animation Screening in the Post Theater for fun and film. This is part of the Entertainment Arts Education celebration for the close of the Spring 2014 semester.  READ MORE

Geek Week

By Kayla Van Hoose
April 23, 2014 - 1:16am

Finals week is approaching and it is time to take advantage of all the services provided by the University of Utah organizations to help you succeed on acing your finals! Marriott Library Extended Hours Monday, April 21st at 7am until Friday, April 25 at 10pm Saturday, April 26th 9am to 10pm Sunday, April 27th at 12pm (Noon) to Wednesday April 30th 6pm Snacks, Pizza, Parking Validations, and Study Supplies at the Marriott Library Monday, April 21st- Thursday, April 24th Tabling will occur from 7pm-11pm Marriott Library 1st Floor (West Entrance) Pizza will be provided at 8pm nightly Yoga in the Marriott Library READ MORE

U Community Solar

By Kayla Van Hoose
April 23, 2014 - 1:11am

Thanks to the generous support of students, the University of Utah is pleased to be the first university in the country to sponsor a community solar program, U Community Solar. The program offers U community members the opportunity to purchase discounted rooftop solar panels and installation for their homes from companies pre-screened by the university. For more than 10 years, U students have paid a dollar each semester to reduce the impact of fossil fuel use by the university and to support local investments in renewable energy. A portion of those funds are now being used for the one-time organization and promotion of the U Community Solar project. READ MORE

What's the first thing you are going to do after your last final?

By Kayla Van Hoose

Madison Black: Student Body Vice President

By Ellie Briggs
April 18, 2014 - 4:30am

Madison Black was just recently elected as the ASUU Student Body Vice President, as part of the Vision Party. She will be serving along side ASUU Student Body President, Justin Spangler. Madison is from Holladay, UT and is majoring in Biomedical Engineering. She is apart of ASUU, the Honors College, the Student Alumni Board, a Primary Children's Medical Center volunteer, and a Campus Life Mentor. When not serving as Vice President and studying for school, Madison likes to relax by vacationing at a beach, reading, watching movies, and spending time with her friends and family. Madison is a very hardworking student whose main goal in life is to make a change in this world. We at Her Campus Utah believe she is an inspiration and a great role model for...

13 Celebrities You Probably Should Be Following on Instagram

By Ellie Briggs
April 18, 2014 - 3:45am

Instagram allows us to live vicariously through others by the photos they post. We see what people eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and how they vacation, work, and waste time away. The people we are most interested in wanting to know every single detail on how they live their lives are of course, the rich and famous. Celebrity accounts are the most glamorous photos we see in our newsfeed. It seems their Valencia filter is just way better than our Valencia filter! From Kim Kardashian posting photos on her baby girl North West to Victoria's Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio posting photos from every island she visits for VS photo shoots, it seems we just can't get enough. We at Her Campus Utah have chosen our favorite celebrity Instagram accounts...

How to Find the Perfect Easter Dress

By Autumn Lieu
April 17, 2014 - 3:30pm

With Easter just a couple of days away, the need to find the perfect Easter dress is at a high.  Easter is the time to wear that perfect, pastel dress while painting eggs, or playing with cutie, little bunnies.  Her Campus Utah has pulled together five of our favorite dresses that are all different styles, different price ranges, and from different stores.  Take a look to find your perfect dress for Easter! READ MORE

Habits That are Hindering Your Weight Loss

By MalloryRogers
April 17, 2014 - 2:45pm

We have all been there -- working hard at the gym, eating right the majority of the time, and we just aren't seeing weight loss.  Our bodies are much like fine-tuned machines.  If one small component isn't working, it can offset the function of the machine entirely.  If you are in a weight-loss rut, there are some simple changes that you could make to help get you over your plateau!  Just ask yourself the following questions:   Are you Drinking Enough Water? READ MORE