Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

Clarence Smith IV '17

By Kelly Lasher
October 1, 2014 - 3:00am

Meet Clarence Smith IV, a Her Campus Utah campus cutie! Majoring in Psychology and Communications, this smooth talker knows just how to make a girl laugh. As a linebacker for Utah’s football team, his energetic personality suits him well on and off the field. After a game you can find him hanging out with friends having a good time, but don’t worry ladies when he’s with you it’s snacks, snuggles, and Netflix. READ MORE

5 Fall Drinks That Aren't Pumpkin Spiced Lattes

By Stephanie Matsen
September 30, 2014 - 1:40pm

Every fall we always hear about Pumpkin Spiced Lattes. There’s no denying that they’re delicious, but there are other drinks. Here are some other fall drinks to try that may be even better! READ MORE

College Radio Day

By Utah Contributor
September 30, 2014 - 12:17am

Celebrate College Radio Day with The U's official student radio, K-UTE! We'll be broadcasting live from 9A - 5P, playing some of your favorite tunes.   Come take a spin at our prize wheel or make a request.  We'll also have free food starting at Noon! www.kuteradio.org READ MORE

Oktoberfest

By Utah Contributor
September 30, 2014 - 12:11am

Your Campus Life (UPC) will be hosting the U's Oktoberfest 2014 celebration! There will be FREE food, and fun activities like Corn Hole, Egg Dance, and Water Pong! There will also be live music from Salzburger Echo! Don't miss out on all the fun! READ MORE

U of U Farmer's Market - Cooking on an Adventure

By Utah Contributor
September 29, 2014 - 8:16pm

Find out how to foods on trips for efficient energy and nutrients that fit in your pack. The University of Utah will host the 6th annual campus Farmers Market this fall. The farmers market links local growers, food producers, artisans, and local non-profits with the campus community and visitors for a fun and tasty weekly event. Come join us for another year to enjoy a great selection of fresh produce and foods from local businesses. Market highlights include the student-run Edible Campus Gardens produce booth and the University Dining Services’ popular lunch stand. New amenities to the U of U Farmers Market in 2013 include bicycle valet parking courtesy of Commuter Services and a veggie valet produce storage service courtesy of University Dining...

Career Fair

By Utah Contributor
September 29, 2014 - 8:12pm

For students seeking full-time career positions and internships for fields in Business, Humanities and Social & Behavioral Sciences. http://careers.utah.edu/students/events/schedule.php READ MORE

My Roommate Woes Part I

By Shykell Ledford
September 29, 2014 - 6:58pm

Graduated. YES! College here I come. It’s going to be great. Just like the movies. I’ll live with fabulous girls, and we’ll go to all the parties (looking fly as hell) and we’ll be best friends forever! Wrong. So wrong. I don’t know if I’m the only person this has happened to, but living situations since leaving my dad’s house have been, well a nightmare. Thankfully a hilarious nightmare, so I’ll survive! I'm writing this to let everyone who has had terrible roommates know, you are not alone. So, please sit back, relax, and enjoy my roomate woes! READ MORE

Janie Despain

By Ellie Briggs
September 27, 2014 - 3:54am

Janie Despain is a student here at the University of Utah and has a voice most would kill for. She sings like a goddess. READ MORE

Concert Do's and Don'ts

By Kelly Lasher
September 26, 2014 - 6:57pm

B.o.B. and Vic Mensa made an appearance at the University of Utah last Friday and gave an unforgettable performace. At the concert we noticed a few concert do's and don'ts you should be knowledgable about for the next big show you attend. These tips will make you a concert pro so, you can enjoy the music and not worry about carrying a big purse, or ruining your shoes. We have your backs collegiettes! READ MORE

5 Wearable Trends from New York Fashion Week

By Carissa Flinders
September 26, 2014 - 6:43pm

September 4 – September 11 concluded one of the best weeks of the year: New York Fashion Week.  Several amazing designers recently unveiled their collections for spring/summer 2015.  Although these collections are beautiful on the runway, they can be a bit over-the-top and intimidating as day-to-day looks.  However, I’m here to show you that fashion week trends can be wearable on a daily basis.  Here are the top 5 wearable trends from NYFW: Off the Shoulder: READ MORE