Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

Madison Black: Student Body Vice President

By Ellie Briggs
April 18, 2014 - 4:30am

Madison Black was just recently elected as the ASUU Student Body Vice President, as part of the Vision Party. She will be serving along side ASUU Student Body President, Justin Spangler. Madison is from Holladay, UT and is majoring in Biomedical Engineering. She is apart of ASUU, the Honors College, the Student Alumni Board, a Primary Children's Medical Center volunteer, and a Campus Life Mentor. When not serving as Vice President and studying for school, Madison likes to relax by vacationing at a beach, reading, watching movies, and spending time with her friends and family. Madison is a very hardworking student whose main goal in life is to make a change in this world. We at Her Campus Utah believe she is an inspiration and a great role model for...

13 Celebrities You Probably Should Be Following on Instagram

By Ellie Briggs
April 18, 2014 - 3:45am

Instagram allows us to live vicariously through others by the photos they post. We see what people eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and how they vacation, work, and waste time away. The people we are most interested in wanting to know every single detail on how they live their lives are of course, the rich and famous. Celebrity accounts are the most glamorous photos we see in our newsfeed. It seems their Valencia filter is just way better than our Valencia filter! From Kim Kardashian posting photos on her baby girl North West to Victoria's Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio posting photos from every island she visits for VS photo shoots, it seems we just can't get enough. We at Her Campus Utah have chosen our favorite celebrity Instagram accounts...

How to Find the Perfect Easter Dress

By Autumn Lieu
April 17, 2014 - 3:30pm

With Easter just a couple of days away, the need to find the perfect Easter dress is at a high.  Easter is the time to wear that perfect, pastel dress while painting eggs, or playing with cutie, little bunnies.  Her Campus Utah has pulled together five of our favorite dresses that are all different styles, different price ranges, and from different stores.  Take a look to find your perfect dress for Easter! READ MORE

Habits That are Hindering Your Weight Loss

By MalloryRogers
April 17, 2014 - 2:45pm

We have all been there -- working hard at the gym, eating right the majority of the time, and we just aren't seeing weight loss.  Our bodies are much like fine-tuned machines.  If one small component isn't working, it can offset the function of the machine entirely.  If you are in a weight-loss rut, there are some simple changes that you could make to help get you over your plateau!  Just ask yourself the following questions:   Are you Drinking Enough Water? READ MORE

Teresa Wilson '17

By Trâm Hoàng
April 16, 2014 - 4:00pm

Name:  Teresa Wilson Hometown:  San Diego, CA Graduation Year:  2017 Major:  Communications Relationship Status:  Single Describe yourself in 3 word.  Introverted. Silly. Tenacious. READ MORE

42nd Annual "Sustaining Our Culture" Powwow

By Utah Contributor
April 16, 2014 - 2:16am

The Inter-Tribal Student Association hosts its 42nd traditional powwow on Saturday, April 19 at the U’s Olpin Student Union. This year’s theme is “Sustaining Our Culture.” The powwow is an excellent opportunity for communities to come together and join in dance and song. “This is a long and proud tradition at the U,” says Octavio Villalpando, associate vice president for Equity & Diversity. “It is a wonderful way for the U to support American Indian students and community, honor their contributions and help others learn about their history and culture.” Day’s Events: 9 a.m. — Registration 11 a.m. — Arena Blessing Noon — Grand Entry 5 p.m. — Dinner Break 6 p.m. — Grand Entry 10 p.m. — Closing Song...

5th Annual SHRED Event

By Utah Contributor
April 16, 2014 - 2:11am

Staff Council will hold its fifth annual SHRED Day, Thursday, April 17 from 4-6 PM at Rice-Eccles Stadium PARKING LOT (enter via 5th S). This event is open to the University and neighboring communities. Paper waste (documents, magazines, small file folders/binders, etc) will be accepted and shredded on site. NOT ACCEPTED: NO E-Waste (computers, laptops, peripherals, any metals).  NO food waste (no nasty pizza boxes); NO bio waste. READ MORE

Student Global Health Initiative

By Utah Contributor
April 16, 2014 - 2:07am

READ MORE

Shake Out - Earthquake Drill

By Utah Contributor
April 16, 2014 - 1:57am

On Thursday April 17th, 2014 at 10:15 a.m., the University will once again be participating in the Great Utah ShakeOut, an earthquake preparedness drill. This is the third year participating and each year the U
tries to practice another component of their emergency plan. This year they will: READ MORE

What are you most excited about now that classes are almost over?

By Utah Contributor