Her Campus Utah Archives

• 5 Ways to Stay Stylish and Warm During the Cold Winter Months

A snowstorm is upon us and the cold front has officially hit here in Salt Lake City. If you are anything like us, you woke up trying to remember how to bundle up for warmth without hiding your fashion sense. Luckily for you guys, we brainstormed those stormy weather tips for you. Here’s a handy list we came up with to keep you from freezing without looking like the abominable snowman:

• 5 Life Lessons We Can Learn From Fat Amy

We all know who she is. She is the one we quote all the time. Fat Amy from the popular movie Pitch Perfect is who we are talking about, one of the lead Bella's. Throughout the movie Fat Amy teaches us some pretty meaningful life lessons and we are here to point them out and help you learn how to be a better you!

• Kuvo: The Campus Dog

The one and only Kovu is this week’s campus celebrity. For all you avid animal lovers, dogs are just as equal as human’s right? You know you know him. He's campus' most known dog!

• Austin Gibbs '14

Meet Campus Cutie, Austin Gibbs. He plays football for the Utah Utes, and yes he is single!

• 3 Things On Campus You'd Be Silly Not To Do

We have an AMAZING campus - no doubt about it. I think students who come to campus just to go to class are crazy! There are a myriad of things going on all the time; how can you let class be the only thing your tuition is good for? We paid the money, now let's play. These 3 things are some of my favorites! And if you haven't done them, don't worry, there's still time!

• 4 Ways To Get New York Chic Style

Watching Gossip Girl re-runs, walking down the streets of New York City, or by even looking at all style blogs, you'll notice New york girls have the chicest style. And the best part about their style... it's not hard to achieve at all! You just need a few tips to help achieve the perfect New york look!

• MUSS Bus 2014

Over the past weekend, I was lucky enough to take the MUSS Bus to San Francisco to watch the Utah vs. Stanford game. For any students who are in the MUSS, I highly recommend going on the trip. It’s only $250 for transportation, 2 nights hotel stay, and your ticket to the game. It is an AWESOME deal if you ask me!

• Fear Factor

Event Date & Time: 
    Fri, 11/21/2014 - 20:00 to 23:00
    Location: 
    PHC 1a/1b
  • The Skin Care Routine You Need Now

Utah is a very, very dry climate and everyone’s skin reacts differently. Here are ways to help prevent dry, unwanted skin! I'm going to talk to you about three types of skin: dry, oily and combination. How do you know what skin type you have? Well, if your face feels tight and will peel off in some places then you have dry skin. If your face feels/ looks shiny and you could blot off oils onto a paper then you have oily skin. If your skin is oily in your “t- zone” area (the T from your forehead down to your nose) feels tight and could potentially peels around your mouth, then you have combination skin. So now that you know what type of skin you have, follow this special skin care routine I made just for you! All products can be found at Sephora.