Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

My Roommate Woes Part III

By Shykell Ledford
October 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Welcome back collegiettes™! So far we’ve covered roommate woes from embarrassing mom texts to dealing with ant infestations. I’m sorry to report that, while this next tale leaves out critters, it highlights an all new aura of awkwardness. If you don’t recall from last week, my roommate (from the dorms) and I were planning on moving into a house down below campus the summer after my sophomore year. READ MORE

Utah's Best Fall Hiking Spots

By Jess Reeder
October 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Fall hiking has got to be one of the most beautiful ways to see all the leaves change and the beauty of fall nature. We are super lucky to have all four seasons here in Utah, and also to have access to prime spots to soak it all in. The key is knowing where these spots are. Whether you are an avid hiker or are more of a leisurely hiker, there is a hike for you. Here are some of my favorites located practically in our back yards. READ MORE

Back-to-School Survival Kit

By Ellie Briggs
October 19, 2014 - 3:00am

It's here! The fall Back-To-School Survival Kit has finally arrived and school is about to become a little easier! We at Her Campus Utah would like to thank Her Campus, Chipotle, LUNA bars, Garnier, Affinitas, Aeropostale, Nasty Gal, Tanda Zap, Clue, and European Wax Center for spoiling us beyond belief. Want to find out what we got?! Take a look! READ MORE

Lullabies by Lang Leav

By Ellie Briggs
October 18, 2014 - 4:12am

READ MORE

Zoe Jefferies: Coins for Cancer

By Ellie Briggs
October 18, 2014 - 3:00am

Zoe Jefferies deserves more than the title of Campus Celebrity. Zoe started the Coins for Cancer student group at the University of Utah to help raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Since bringing Coins to Cancer to the U just this semester, the group already has forty students involved! That's forty jugs around campus for students to donate coins to, to help raise money for cancer! Zoe is doing amazing work here on campus and we at Her Campus Utah are so excited to have her as one of our Campus Celebrities! READ MORE

Nelson Kent '16

By Ellie Briggs
October 15, 2014 - 8:00am

Nelson Kent is one smooth talker, a romantic, and hilarious guy. He is one Campus Cutie you're gonna want to read all about! He's majoring in Biology (Pre Med) here at the U, and is the Director of Community Service for the Union Programming Council (UPC). Be sure to find out what his ideal date is because we guarantee you'll be head-over-heels once you do! READ MORE

Nick Swardson: Taste It Tour

By Utah Contributor
October 14, 2014 - 3:04pm

Laugh all night long when comedian Nick Swardson brings his Taste It Tour to the stage at The Depot October 22nd! Tickets are $45 and you must be 21+ to attend. READ MORE

Indian Art Market

By Utah Contributor
October 14, 2014 - 2:55pm

Celebrate native arts and culture at the Natural History Museum of Utah. The Indian Art Market is a juried show featuring the work of regional native artists. Over 20 selected artists will display and sell their original work ranging from jewelry, beadwork, sculpture, painting and more. Meet the artists, learn about contemporary Indian arts and tribal culture and take home something new and unique to add to your collection. Indian Art Market at the Natural History Museum of Utah: Browse the work of 20+ native artists in a variety of media: painting, jewelry, sculpture, beadwork and more. Experience native sounds: drum circle and live flute music. The Indian Art Market and associated programs are free and open to the public....

Howard Clark Exhibition

By Utah Contributor
October 14, 2014 - 2:52pm

Check out the Howard Clark Exhibition at Gittins Gallery for FREE! READ MORE

Instantly Up Your Confidence

By Annalise Sauter
October 14, 2014 - 2:49pm

We’ve all been there, when you’re just not feeling your best. Sometimes it’s a reaction to an extenuating circumstance—while other times the self-doubt seems to hit without warning. No worries though, Her Campus Utah has you covered! Take a peek at these simple confidence boosting tricks; they are surefire ways to improve your mood with minimal effort. READ MORE