Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Utah Archives

A Girl's Guide to Watching Football

By Juli Cauley
October 24, 2014 - 3:30am

As womens we were never taught how to watch football like men. For some reason, men find it either incredibly attractive or incredibly annoying when we join in. That all depends on how we act thought! Here are some easy do's and don’ts for watching football with a man! READ MORE

3 Things to Splurge on For Your Closet

By Autumn Lieu
October 23, 2014 - 3:00am

There are many things I believe every girl should splurge on for her closet, but I'm only going to tell you about three that will actually benefit you. I know that as college students, we are collecting change for spending money and can't just go out and spend hundreds of dollars! We all want to look stylish and fashionable, so there are three things girls should save their money for. Instead of going out to buy cheap imitators, invest in products that will last a long time and achieve the look you're going for. Think about this: would you rather buy one pair of shoes that will last years or buy a pair that will only last two months? Always remember, it's quality over quantity! Here are the three items you should be saving up for:...

Daniel Rueckert '16

By Carissa Flinders
October 22, 2014 - 6:42pm

This week's campus cutie is Daniel Rueckert.  Daniel is a kind, sports loving, down-to-earth guy.  He is currently a junior here at the U and is majoring in Sports Management.  Daniel is a member of the MUSS board and is actively involved in Utah Athletics.  Overall, Daniel is a sports fanatical sweetheart that you won't want to miss reading about! Name: Daniel Rueckert Hometown: Layton, UT Graduation Year: 2016 Major: Sport Management READ MORE

Utah Utes Football vs. USC

By Utah Contributor
October 22, 2014 - 6:37pm

Utah football hosts USC. GO UTES!! READ MORE

Crimson Nightmare

By Utah Contributor
October 22, 2014 - 6:33pm

Come to the Union for the biggest late night party on campus. Enjoy dancing, free food, activities and more! FREE for University of Utah students, $5 with another college I.D. READ MORE

U of U Night at The Utah Grizzlies

By Utah Contributor
October 22, 2014 - 6:28pm

The Utah Grizzlies are offering great discounts this year with special U of U nights!  $17 Center Ice, $12 Corners. Sponsored by U of U Staff Council.  READ MORE

Solar Eclipse Viewing Party

By Utah Contributor
October 22, 2014 - 6:25pm

Join us to celebrate the partial solar eclipse of 2014! See the eclipse from the best spot in the Salt Lake Valley, meet local astronomy experts, view the eclipse through professional solar telescopes, and participate in hands-on activities. Maximum Eclipse will occur at 3:45pm READ MORE

My Roommate Woes Part III

By Shykell Ledford
October 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Welcome back collegiettes™! So far we’ve covered roommate woes from embarrassing mom texts to dealing with ant infestations. I’m sorry to report that, while this next tale leaves out critters, it highlights an all new aura of awkwardness. If you don’t recall from last week, my roommate (from the dorms) and I were planning on moving into a house down below campus the summer after my sophomore year. READ MORE

Utah's Best Fall Hiking Spots

By Jess Reeder
October 20, 2014 - 3:00am

Fall hiking has got to be one of the most beautiful ways to see all the leaves change and the beauty of fall nature. We are super lucky to have all four seasons here in Utah, and also to have access to prime spots to soak it all in. The key is knowing where these spots are. Whether you are an avid hiker or are more of a leisurely hiker, there is a hike for you. Here are some of my favorites located practically in our back yards. READ MORE

Back-to-School Survival Kit

By Ellie Briggs
October 19, 2014 - 3:00am

It's here! The fall Back-To-School Survival Kit has finally arrived and school is about to become a little easier! We at Her Campus Utah would like to thank Her Campus, Chipotle, LUNA bars, Garnier, Affinitas, Aeropostale, Nasty Gal, Tanda Zap, Clue, and European Wax Center for spoiling us beyond belief. Want to find out what we got?! Take a look! READ MORE