Her Campus Utah Archives

• Krissi Karren: Makeup Artist

We've featured her before for her amazing style, and once as a Campus Cutie. We just can't seem to get enough of her because we are now so thrilled to call her a Campus Celebrity! Krissi is a very talented makeup artist at Sephora in City Creek, and we just couldn't wait to pick her brain apart and find out the best products and techniques to use when doing your makeup. Check out what Krissi had to say!

• Trevor Teerlink '17

Name: Trevor Teerlink Hometown: Saratoga, CA Graduation Year: 2017 Major: Mechanical Engineering Campus Activities: Greek life, Triangle...

• New Year's Eve

Event Date & Time: 
    Wed, 12/31/2014 (All day)
    Location: 
    United States
  • Christmas

Event Date & Time: 
    Thu, 12/25/2014 (All day)
    Location: 
    World
  • Finals Survival Kit

It's that time of year again! The time where we spend countless hours in the library, living in sweats, eating endless amount of junk food, and never ever sleep. Yes that's right, finals week! Luckily for us at Her Campus Utah, Her Campus Nationals and our sponsors hooked us up with an amazing Finals Survival Kit so our finals week isn't so bad. We would like to thank Her Campus Nationals, Chipotle, LUNA bars, TRESemme, Cold-EEZE, Kettle Brand, CamelBak, Bayer's/The Timeline Project, chain & charcoal, baublebar, Aritzia, and Cosabella Underwear for spoiling us beyond belief! Take a look at all of these great gifts!

• 9 Winter Date Ideas

It can be hard coming up with fun date ideas with your significant other or crush that you have never done before. It is especially hard in the winter when it gets freezing and all you want to do is stay in and get a blanket. And that is totally fine sometimes, but we can't hibernate our winter away. Here are some date ideas that will make you want to get out there and actually enjoy some winter activities with your special someone.

• 9 Airport Fashion Do's Inspired by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has definitely become a girl crush for many collegiettes™. She always looks so incredibly flawless when at the airport, events, running errands, and even when leaving the gym. For your travel home for the holidays or vacation this winter break, we are going to take a few style tips from the former super model, and actress to help inspire your perfect airport outfit! Here are 9 airport fashion do's inspired by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to keep you looking chic at 20,000 feet:

• Lance Olsen: Fiction Collective 2

In 1974, five drunken men sat around together p*ssed off at the fact that they couldn’t get their literary works published. New York publishers were sell outs – money was their top priority. These outraged writers knew they had to do something. They decided to stop being told no, and start telling each other yes. They went out on a limb and created their own publishing company – Fiction Collective. Each threw in $1,000 and together they published books that no one else wanted. What they thought would be a couple years max project has become an amazing legacy lasting today…

• Max Kilcoyne '15

Retiring from his presidency at Sigma Phi Epsilon, Max's next step is to pursue his goal to become a doctor. You can win over his heart by making lasagna (because we all know they way to a man's heart is through his stomach)! Max is a cutie for sure, but play it cool collegiettes and don't swoon too hard ;)

• 4 Stocking Stuffers Under $20

Bye-bye pumpkin spice, it’s officially peppermint flavor season! Christmas is a time for hot cocoa, relaxation, family, and of course last minute gift shopping. Don’t stress because we’ve got you covered in the gift area. From friendly stocking stuffers to helpful gifts, you can enjoy this years shopping list and finish with time to spare!

• Holiday Sale

Event Date & Time: 
    Tue, 12/09/2014 (All day) to Thu, 12/11/2014 (All day)
    Location: 
    Gittins Galley
  • My Roommate Woes Part V

Ha! So, PSYCH! As much as I hate having to say this, welcome back to my roommate woes for your entertainment Part V! For those of you who’ve read these tales before, you may remember that for the past three years I've moved about every six months because of roommate struggles. Part IV ended with me signing off as a “finally content Salt Lake City Resident.” I’m an idiot. Not two weeks after Part IV was published, my hippie roommate became more than I could handle.

• 8 Reasons Why You Should Go to the VS Fashion Show Viewing Party

It's that time of year again. The time where we become even more obsessed and envious of all the Victoria's Secret Angels because, well they're just perfect! This year your VS PINK Utah reps and UPC have teamed up to host an amazing viewing party so you can watch the angels walk down the runway in London for the very first time. Here are 8 reasons why you shouldn't miss this amazing event:

• 5 Things Girls Need to Stop Doing

Girls – even when we’re wrong, we’re always right (am I right?!). I’ve used this defense on more than one occasion and sometimes it works! But, (secretly) sometimes it doesn’t. There are a few things that we girls are definitely wrong in doing. Maybe you yourself aren’t guilty – I doubt it – but you know someone who is. Hell, I’m guilty of every single one. But admitting we’re actually at fault is the first step to recovery. And just so we’re clear – if we admit fault before anyone accuses us of it…are we really “wrong?” Of course not – so educate yourselves!

• Rajul Ramchandani: Photographer

I was excited to sit down with Rajul and learn more about his photography as he’s no stranger to Her Campus Utah. You might be familiar with his perfect portraits of our campus cutie Clarence Smith IV. His photos range from more abstract to the just plain cool! Don’t just take my word for it, see what he has to say about his work. Get inspired or just admire his work here:

• 3 Holiday Party Dresses that Won't Break the Bank

Ever since I was a little girl, I loved dressing up for holidays. I remember that my mom would always put me in black or red sparkly velvet dresses for Christmas parties – and I loved it. Now, here I am, 21 years old, and I still love to dress up for holiday parties! If you love dressing up like I do, the holidays are one of the best times to do so. The holidays are also a great time to be a little daring and wear something that you normally wouldn’t to a party. However, it can be a little hard to find the perfect holiday dress without breaking your budget. Lucky for you, I have found 3 great holiday party dresses that won’t drain your bank account:

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style