All I Want… Is to Look Fabulous this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

This Christmas you’ll be returning home from college, and of course you’re going to run into your high school classmates, whether you like it or not. Naturally you want to look your best. Maybe you don’t want to admit it, but lets be real, you want to prove that you are only getting hotter with age.

This year avoid being seen in your raggedy sweat pants, or even worse, an ugly Christmas sweater your mom insists that you wear. Instead you can update your wardrobe without empting your savings account. You don’t even have to blow off studying time to go to the mall, and you can be done in minutes with the aid of online shopping! Here is a list of cute and sexy websites with reasonable prices and the places where you can find that one of a kind New Years dress.

1.     Karmaloop.com
This website is great, it has a ton of product for all styles and abundant sales! Not to mention each week they offer new codes for free shipping and extra percentages off!

2.     Nordstrom.com
If you are going for chic and elegant check out this classic department store that has all your favorite designers. Did I mention free shipping on all orders all the time?

3.     Nastygal.com
With both trendy and innovative clothing, accessories and shoes, check nasty gal out for the hottest dresses this season that will show the boys what they have been missing. 

4.     Threadsense.com
Holiday shopping just got easier; with simple categories such as glamour rock, casual flare, and sporty glitz, this site will inspire you through its diverse lookbook.

5.     Lulus.com
Shop this holiday collection for that perfect dress, accessory, and outerwear. With exceptional value and low prices, buy your best friend a gift they are sure not to forget.

6.     Hautelook.com
If you haven’t already, subscribe to this sample sale website that offers designer clothing for up to 80% off daily. For the best deals, check it at 9 AM before they sell out.  

7.     Modcloth.com
Cute, indie, and retro, this site combines old trends with new ones to blend a unique style of clothing. Be rewarded with gifts for you holiday shopping with accessories like bracelets and necklaces when you spend over $100.

8.     Lululemon.com
A company catering to your yoga and athletic needs, Lululemon offers high quality apparel that never goes out of style. With clothing that easily transcends from exercise to day, look for their black spandex pants which are a must this winter.  They also offer free shipping!

9.     Quiksilver.com
With their new introduction of Quiksilver women’s, check out their adorable clothes that are sure to give you that girl next-door look. While you are at it, stop by roxy.com who has gone past their image of surfer/snowboarders for an edgy yet adorable vibe. 

So while cozying up to the fire and hiding from your high school past is tempting, reinvent yourself this season with visits to the above sites where fame is just a click away. 

Lexi Jones is a senior with a double major in journalism and anthropology at the University of Utah. Born and raised in Salt Lake City, she loves exploring the outdoors, rock climbing, music, and writing. She is currently a museum aid for the Bureau of Land Management. She has interned with LDS Living magazine as a writer, the Utah Museum of Natural History in the anthropology lab, and the National Society of Leadership and Success as a founding chapter president. Her inspirations are Mark Twain and Paulo Coelho. Lexi aspires to be a freelancer for National Geographic. Always pursuing multiple passions, she is currently applying to graduate school for a Masters in archaeology and a Juris doctorate, and yes, she does plan to enroll in both at the same time.