7 Ways Your Mom is Actually Superwoman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

My mom is everything. She is my biggest fan, my private nurse, my personal therapist, and my best friend. My mom does absolutely everything for me and she does it with a smile on her face and the knowledge that she will probably get nothing in return but a hug and a hurried thank you. If your mom is anything like mine than you maybe wondering how she accomplishes all of these things. Here are 7 ways your mom is actually Superwoman.

1.She always makes sure you are well fed.

Even though you might not live at home anymore your mom still takes any and every opportunity to make sure you enjoy a home cooked meal. This maybe her cooking you dinner while you’re visiting home. It could be her hand delivering you a home cooked meal. It may even go as far as her cooking for you in your apartment.

2.She takes care of you when you are sick.

You could sneeze and before anyone can even say bless you your mom is handing you her homemade chicken noodle soup and tucking you into bed. Even though you are pretty sure she was more than a state away the last time you talks to her.

3.She picks out things for you when she goes shopping.

Your mom could be out shopping for some new home décor or even just picking up groceries for the week and the next thing you know she is texting you pictures of the three sweaters, two pairs of pants, four shirts, and that pair of boots you had been eyeing that she just bought you for no reason at all.

4.She watches your favorite T.V. show with you every week.

With out fail your mom sits down and watches that new CW drama that you can’t get enough of. She doesn’t know who any of the actors are and to be honest she doesn’t really get what’s going on but she watches because you love it and she knows you need to someone to obsess about it to.

5.She is the person you can tell everything to.

Whether it is boy trouble, roommate problems, or that insufferable geography class decided to take your freshman year she is always there to listen to you rant and rave about anything with no judgment. She is also the person that will be there to pick up all the pieces when things fall a part 

6.She literally drops everything to help you with whatever you need.

It doesn’t matter what it is your mom will literally be right by your side to help with any problem you may encounter. It doesn’t matter if its helping you make a video for your nutrition class or driving all the way to school to give you any of the numerous things you left at home when you last visited she will do what ever it takes to help you.

7.She does all of these things and asks for nothing in return.

Your mom does all of these things for you and doesn’t even ask for so much as a thank you for it because she doesn’t do these things for that. She does it because she loves and cares about you.

If your mom does any or all of the things on this list I highly suggest that you give your mom a hug and thank her for everything she does for you. Maybe even take her out to dinner or do something else nice for her. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor