6 T.V. Show Wardrobes We All Wish We Had

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Have you ever been watching a T.V. show and had to pause it because you couldn’t get over how cute one of the character’s tops was, and you had to Google it right away to found out where you could buy it? Yeah, me too. There are some shows that I secretly just watch to get outfit ideas from, like Gossip Girl, duh (and of course because of Blair and Chuck’s whirlwind romance)! Here are 6 T.V. show’s whose wardrobes I wish I had, and you probably wish you had too!

1.   Being Mary Jane 

Being Mary Jane seen on BET, is on it’s second season of enviable outfits. The lead character Mary Jane, played by Gabrielle Union, is a star news anchor with an amazing house and wardrobe to go with it. Her clothes, which we all know are more than likely way out of our college girl budgets, are jaw dropping! Mary Jane always looks so on point, and all I can do is hope that my wardrobe resembles hers when I become a successful adult!

2.   Gossip Girl

Um hello, you’re probably thinking you already knew this, and I’m sure you did. Gossip Girl is filled with the best of the best designer clothes. Who wouldn’t want any characters wardrobe?! My absolute favorite is Serena’s. It could be because of my girl crush on Blake Lively, but you’ve all gotta agree with me, her wardobe is rocking from season one all the way through season six.

3.   Pretty Little Liars

Yes, every little liar on the show has a wardrobe that would put ours to shame (or at least mine). You’re probably thinking I’m going to choose Aria as the best dress, but guess again. The award for best liar wardrobe goes to Emily. She dresses like a rockstar every single episode. It was a white, leather jacket that she was wearing that made me pause the show and research where I could get my own. Her outfits are always girly but with an edge, and let’s be honest that’s how I wish I dressed.

4.   Hart of Dixie 

Can I just say, I want to be Zoe Hart. I don’t just want her wardrobe, I want her boyfriend, I want her friends, I want her profession, and I want to live to in Bluebell, Alabama. Ok, maybe I’m getting a little carried away, so let’s get back on track. I love her wardrobe. It’s so cute and fun, and she looks like a fashionista in every episode, and every situation. I wish I had the energy to do that! If I had to choose out of all six wardrobes in this article that I would want the most, it’s definitely Zoe Hart’s!

5.   Revenge

Now, let me begin by saying I am not the biggest Revenge fan out there. I think I’ve seen the first 3 seasons, and there are 4 (so I guess I might as well say I am a Revenge fan). Emily Thorne is crazy, and I can’t keep up with her life but I can keep up with her closet. Have you seen the clothes she wears?! I mean, yes please, can I have them all? She has great taste, and looks so professional and classy in every scene. They’re all so great, I couldn’t just choose one to show.

6.   New Girl 

I’m obviously talking about Jess’ wardrobe. She is a perfect example of a cute, girl-next-door type of woman. Jess is quirky and fun, and her wardrobe matches her personality to a tee. I wish all of my school teachers dressed and acted like her. Who doesn’t love florals, stripes, polka dots, and bright colors? P.S. Her glasses are so in style!

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!