5 Ways to Stay Stylish and Warm During the Cold Winter Months

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

A snowstorm is upon us and the cold front has officially hit here in Salt Lake City. If you are anything like us, you woke up trying to remember how to bundle up for warmth without hiding your fashion sense. Luckily for you guys, we brainstormed those stormy weather tips for you. Here’s a handy list we came up with to keep you from freezing without looking like the abominable snowman:

1.  Wear form-fitting clothing.

To avoid looking bulky, wear thin, stretchy, form-fitting clothes that you can layer. 

2.  Wear all black.

You can never ever go wrong with all black. Choose clothing and jackets with different textures of black to help break up the monotony of one color. 

3.  Wear vertical dimensions.

Pick outerwear that has vertical dimensions: double-breasted buttons, vertical seams, or patterns, etc.

4.  Wear accessories.

Don’t forget to accessorize. Add your favorite scarves, fleece-lined tights, hats, or jewelery.

5.  Wear leather!

Anything leather we are saying! All leather or leather accents will keep you warm and is still super in-trend this winter. 

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!
Mietra Aarabi is an introvert disguised as an extrovert that is majoring in Art with a Painting and Drawing emphasis. She was one of the founding member's of the Alpha Phi chapter at the U in 2011 and is a co-editor in chief of Utah's Her Campus chapter with Ellie Briggs. She's an aspiring makeup artist as well as a mediocre yogi, occasional writer and hopefully, maybe, one-day a Creative Director and/or Designer (#goals) with way too many clothes and a serious lack of time and closet space. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter as @mietraaarabi! http://instagram.com/mietraaarabi