5 Outfit Ideas to Wear This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we know your outfit isn’t going to be as great as Joey’s from F.R.I.E.N.D.S., but we want to it to be as perfect as possible. If you’re having Thanksgiving with your family, with your boyfriend’s parents, or just a couple of friends, you’ll want to look your best. I pulled together a few inspirations that will help you create the perfect outfit for Thanksgiving day.  The outfits shown are more reserved and classy because let’s face it, when you’re going to be with your boyfriend’s parents you don’t want to be wearing something you’d be wear to the clubs!

This look is great to wear because it’s very casual and stylish. This Thanksgiving try to stay with warm colors such as tan, burnt orange, red, brown, etc. Also, if your family has activities for Thanksgiving day this outfit is great to move around in, and you don’t have to worry about being in the wrong shoes.

This outfit is very fashion forward. You will be able to impress your boyfriend’s parents not only by your personality, but with your sense of style! Finding a printed skirt and making it your main focus really makes the outfit. It shows you’re not trying too hard, just hard enough.

This look is great when you know everyone else at Thanksgiving is going to be casual, but you want to dress it up a little bit. Throw a chunky knitted sweater right over a dress or paired with your favorite maxi or midi skirt. If you tend to get cold easily, don’t be afraid to put on a pair of tights!

You can never go wrong with wearing a maxi skirt. It’s classy, appropriate to meet the parents in, and such a statement piece. Find a warm colored skirt to wear for your Thanksgiving day!

If you have the type of family that is very big on dressing up for Thanksgiving, this is the outfit for you! Wear a metallic coated sweater and a statement skirt, and you will be the most fashionable one at the table.

All of these looks are not just stylish, but they also let you eat as much as you want without having to worry about it showing in your tight dress!

Good luck and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! HCXO!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor