absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Healthier Thanksgiving Pie Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Let’s be real, the greater majority of the foods we are going to consume on Thanksgiving aren’t going to be the healthiest. What’s Thanksgiving without pie, right? If you’re planning on eating multiple slices of pie, you might as well make them a healthier choice. So, thanks to Pinterest, I’ve compiled for you 5 healthier recipes for your pie on Thanksgiving that cut down on processed ingredients, sugar, and calories. 

1. The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Pie

This easy recipe only has 135 calories per slice! It also has 4.6g of fat, 19.6g of carbohydrates, 4.3g of protein, and 7.6g of sugar. Why make regular pumpkin pie when you can have three slices of this instead? 

Get the recipe here.

2. Easy Paleo Sweet Potato Pie

Want something a little different than the traditional pumpkin? Check out this recipe for sweet potato pie. It has really simple ingredients and easy to follow steps! This pie (per slice) has 332 calories, 18.7g of fat, 37.6g of carbohydrates, 5.4g of protein, and 20.3g of sugar. 

Get the recipe here.

3. Healthy Peanut Butter Pie

You don’t even have to bake this one! Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free. Seriously, how good does this look?! Each slice of this has 381.9 calories, 26.5g of fat, 27.9g of carbohydrates, 10.7g of protein, and 15.5g of sugar.

Get the recipe here

4. Clean Eating Apple Pie

I love eating apple desserts during the fall — fresh apples are seriously the best. This recipe is made with all natural ingredients and fresh apples. An eighth of this pie has 414 calories, 20g of fat, 58g of carbohydrates, 5g of protein, and 29g of sugar.

Get the recipe here

5. Clean Eating Pecan Pie

I love how simple this recipe is. You only need 11 ingredients, and you probably have most of them on hand! This pie has 266 calories, 17g of fat, and 5.5g of protein. 

Get the recipe here.

Hopefully, you have some ideas for healthier pie recipes for your Thanksgiving meal! While eating mass amounts of pie isn’t the best for you, we all know it’s likely to happen just this one day of the year. With these healthier recipes, you can make your dessert just a little bit better for you. Happy holidays! 

Thumbnail Image Source

All images in this article come from the websites where the recipes are found. 

I am a sophomore at the University of Utah currently pursuing a major in Communications, with an emphasis in Strategic Communications, as well as a minor in Political Science.  I was previously Miss Teen Ohio United States, and I am now a writer for Her Campus Utah. I enjoy outdoor activities, cooking, volunteering, traveling, and writing. I am a passionate advocate for mental health and suicide prevention.  After graduation, I plan on starting my own business. I hope to inspire more women to enter into leadership positions or even become their own bosses. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor