Style > Beauty

5 All-Natural Ingredients to Add to Your Beauty Regimen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

There are so many skincare products that promise to do amazing things, but each one has all of these ingredients that we can barely pronounce. It is so important to know exactly what you are putting on your body, so here are some all-natural ingredients (that you’ve all heard of) that you can use as is. Since they are natural, they are amazing for the skin! Bonus: natural products tend to be less expensive so us collegiettes don’t have to break the bank!

Coconut Oil

This is great to use as a facial cleanser or if you want an ultra hydrating moisturizer. Just leave it on overnight, and you’ll wake up to your skin feeling so soft with an amazing glow! 

Tip: Be careful when you are buying coconut oil, make sure that it is the only ingredient. Some brands add other ingredients which can irritate your skin.

Witch Hazel

Use this as a toner. You can apply it after a shower or before you go to bed. Witch Hazel is amazing because it can soak up any oiliness on your face without drying it out. It’s also great to use on acne.

Coffee Grounds

There are many expensive body scrubs out there, but why spend all that money when you can use your favorite morning pick-me-up? After you’ve made your morning pot of coffee, take the grinds and put them into a jar. Instant body scrub.  When you’re ready to use the grounds, get in the shower and apply. Wait ten minutes and then rinse off. You’ll have amazing smelling, soft exfoliated skin!

Olive Oil

This is great to use on your lips because it’s super moisturizing. Apply a small amount on your lips right before you climb into bed. If you are looking for a lip exfoliant, mix in a little bit of sugar with the olive oil, and rub the mixture into your lips for about a minute. Rinse with warm water and you’ll be left with soft kissable lips!

Green Tea Bags

These are good to use if you have dark circles or if you’re feeling a little puffy. Green tea has antioxidants that will soothe the skin around your eyes. The caffeine in the tea helps shrink blood vessels so that it reduces puffiness and dark circles. To use this method just steep two tea bags in hot water, let them cool for 3 minutes and squeeze them a little so they won’t drip. Then close your eyes and place them over your eyes for 10- 15 minutes. Goodbye puffy eyes and dark circles!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor