3 Easy Ways to Transition Your Summer Clothes Into Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

School has started, fashion week is beginning, and fall trends are becoming front and center.  With summer officially coming to an end, the weather is about to get a little cooler.   Don’t start pushing your summer clothes to the back of your closet just yet though!  Her Campus Utah is going to show you three easy ways to transition your favorite summer styles into fall fashion. You’re going to look fabulous while saving money! 

1.  Flowy, Summer Dress

There’s no need to give up that flowy, perfect fitting dress you wore all summer long. Transition your dress into fall fashion by adding a chunky cardigan. Pick a cardigan that is a color darker than your dress or choose a neutral color. This will help transition your look even more into the fall time. Be sure to add a pair of peep toe booties to make this outfit oh so chic! 

2. Boyfriend Jeans and Chiffon Tank

A chiffon tank and a pair of boyfriend jeans are the “it” casual look during summer. We definitely don’t want you to have to give up this effortless and chic outfit just because summer is over. To easily transition this look into fall, add a leather jacket and a pair of booties. You can even add a felt hat to make this outfit a little more dressier.  Just be ready to turn some heads while walking through campus!

3.  Favorite Skirt

Keep that skirt you never want to take off, and the shirt you tie at the bottom towards the front of your closet! To transition these two pieces into fall wear, tuck the shirt into the skirt (yes, you can wear white after Labor Day), and throw on a cardigan and a pair of boots. It’s that easy! You’ll be ready to go to class looking fashion forward and ready for fall!

The main thing to remember when transitioning your summer clothing into fall is to layer, layer, layer!  Goodluck!