This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Summer is ending way too soon so make sure to make the most of it while you can! We recommend trying some (or all if you are feeling real ambitious) activities! 

1. Do a hike in one of the canyons…this one is a must! In SLC alone there are 4 of them! Stretch those legs and catch some last minute fresh air before hitting the library this year!

2. Look up and craft DIY decorations for your room. This is why Pinterest is a girl’s best friend and how you’ll get the cutest room on campus!

3. Try a new restaurant that you have never been to! New year, new food! Dive into some new hot spots with an open mind and an empty stomach!

4. Sort through your clothes and decide what you should donate, throw away or sell! Start the year out right with a clean closet.

5. Drive to Jordanelle Reservoir and have a fun lake day…it’s almost like the beach, right?

6. Research your classes and know what to expect. We know this one isn’t as much fun but, trust me, you’ll be thankful in the long run. Write down any assignment dates that have already been annouced and get your planner ready for the year!

7. Sunday Farmers Market AND taste testing all the free samples. We all know that once school starts up, this is almost impossible to make it to!

8. Last minute trip to one of Utah’s 5 National Parks! Grab the girls and hit the road for some last minute memories!

9. Pick a concert to attend this fall so you have something to look forward to when school gets rough. Use your U-card to get discounts on all SmithTix tickets!

10. Attend a free yoga class at your local Lulu Lemon! These are held every Sunday and will be focus you back into the school-vibe!

11. Do a photo shoot with your best friends so you can have TBT summer pics for Insta! 

12. Have your last brunch of the summer…my favorite spot in SLC is Eggs in the City! Pro-tip, if you would like to combine #11 and #12, Eggs in the City has a pretty nice yellow wall that makes the perfect backdrop.

13. Pick one item that you have wanted for a really long time and splurge!  I know you’ve had your eye on those Nike Free shoes forever now.

14. Make a list of goals for the fall semester and make a plan to stick to it! Post reminders in your phone calendar so you stay on top of your progress!

15. Plan an end of summer party for you and all of your friends…may we suggest it be BYOB?

16. Go to Oktoberfest at Snowbird Resort and try a bunch of new beers! Enjoy the last weekend!

17. Say yes to every outing that comes your way…you’ll regret it when school starts and everyone becomes a hermit.

18. Binge watch Netflix so that you have completed your show before school starts and 100% focus on getting those A’s.

19. Make a photo album of all your summer adventures from 2016! 

20. Enjoy every last moment and set your countdown app for #summer2k17! 

Hi! I'm Madison Keyser and am a student at the University of Utah.  I am a sophomore double majoring in Economics and Spanish hoping to go to Law School someday.  I am an Alpha Chi Omega, love to play lacrosse and do anything outside.  I am so excited to be a Her Campus writer! 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor