14 Apps Every Collegiette Should Have On Their Phone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Sometimes an application comes along that can change your life.  Below are 14 applications that every collegiette should download on their phones to help improve their day to day tasks.

Venmo

If you don’t already have Venmo you need to download it ASAP! Venmo makes transferring money to your landlord, parents, and friends as simple as can be. 

Uber and Lyft are a HUGE help on weekends when you want to go out and drink.  You simply call a ride and your driver shows up a few minutes later.  The rides are usually very cheap if you want to stay in a relatively close proximity and you can split the ride fare with your friends.  Trust us, this app is a LIFESAVER.

Google Drive

Google Drive stores all of the documents and files you create on Google Documents.  This ensures that if your computer malfunctions you still have access to all of your work through the magical internet.  Having the Google Drive app allows you to retrieve and open any of the documents you have in the drive at the touch of your fingertips.

Chances are if you are involved in any kind of student group on campus you already have GroupMe downloaded.  GroupMe is an awesome group chatting app, you can have a lot of people in the chat, but you can also turn the notifications off if it gets to be too much.  This app is ideal for student groups to be able to communicate with one another, especially when not everyone has the same type of cell phone.

Quizlet

This app can almost guarantee you better grades.  Quizlet.com is a website where you can create your own study guides for upcoming tests.  The app and the site allow you to play memory games, take practice tests, and study your study guide in ways that are sure to help you learn.  Using this app can help your academic performance overall. 

Nike Training App

Finding time to work out is very difficult when you have a busy school schedule.  The Nike Training App makes it a little easier.  Once downloaded, you type in some basic health information.  The app then creates workouts that would be beneficial for you.  You are able to pick a time frame (15 mins, 30 mins, an hour) that you want to work out and the app goes through each move with you. You can even access your music through the app to listen to.

UConnection

WOW, this app is AMAZING! There are so many restaurants that offer discounts on their food specifically for U students. 

Pocket Points

This app is genius! All you have to do is not use your phone while you are in class or on campus.  You win points for every minute you are not on your phone. Points can then get you percentages off food and sometimes even get you a free meal.  If you use this app on Tuesday’s you can receive double points as well.  Definitely worth the download.

LunchBox

Another amazing app that specifically finds free food! This app is great to have because the U is constantly holding events where there is free food, and this app finds out where.

Wyzant is an app that helps you find private tutors at affordable prices.  College can become difficult at times, and there is nothing more helpful than hiring a tutor who can help you really grasp the concepts you are learning in your classes.

Google Calendar

It’s not often that college students are seen without their phones.  Google Calendar is an easy way to keep track of your schedule without having to cart around a huge planner.

Headspace offers guided meditation in many forms. You can choose to participate in meditation for 2-60 minute intervals.  It even has certain meditation to put you to sleep, if you are scared of flying, or if you are working out.  This is a great app to download if you need some time to access your mind throughout the week.

Find my iPhone

If you have an iPhone, this app can save you a ton of money that you might otherwise spend on a new phone.  The app will send a ping to your phone and will show you its location.  It also has the option to disable the phone so that no one can use it until you get it back.

Infinite Storm

This app plays the sound of rain.  It is a very relaxing application to download. You are able to customize the way you want the storm to sound as well.

With the help of these applications you’ll be able to concor this semester!

I have a deep love for mermaids, pitbulls, swearing, and all things involving food.  Shania Twain is my spirit animal and I'm a converted Belieber.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor