This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

The newest season of Stranger Things does not disappoint in any way.

There’s still no real justice for Barb. Let’s face the facts, she was irrelevant.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know that season 2 of Stranger Things came back this Friday. Stranger Things has become a cultural phenomenon, and humankind was gifted with nine more episodes to satisfy the hole that the first season had left in our lives. Unlike some other cult classics, this show is family friendly, which means a great deal to many people.

If for some odd reason, you haven’t seen Stranger Things, don’t worry. There are only eight episodes in the first season, so you can catch up quickly. Start this weekend and get back to me so we can debrief on it.

This article was written after watching just the first episode of the new season. I was filled with child-like glee as soon as the opening credits rolled onto the screen. The name ‘Millie Bobby Brown’ popped up, and I started to glow internally. I, like many other dedicated fans, have been waiting for this moment since the Superbowl ad in early January that announced the show’s return.

One of my favorite things about this show is that many of the characters are imperfect, just like actual people are; yet they have so many redeeming qualities. For example, Jonathan is pretty weird, and if you remember from the first season, he took some pretty stalker-like pictures of Nancy. But he really loves his brother and tries to take care of his family. He was also there for Nancy when she needed him and didn’t try to be more than a friend because he realized that’s what she needed.

The first season was so perfect. So naturally, I am apprehensive to change as I watch what unfolds in the second season. This season, we’ll get to actually see more of Will and fall in love with his character. Will is still seeing stuff, Dustin has entered that ruder part of adolescence, and we might be seeing more people, like Eleven. There are new characters, particularly a new female in the main squad. I wasn’t super excited to see this because who would even dare attempt to replace Eleven, but I’m willing to give her a chance.

Will’s mother lets him out of her sight willingly which shocked me. I think if I lost my son to some other world for two months, I might be a little more possessive, but good for her for being so chill. Nancy is still dating Steve for some strange reason, even though she’s too good for all the boys in Hawkins, Jonathan included. Also, it’s about time someone mentioned that Finn and Will have the same exact face; the two are basically twins.

All in all, I’m excited to see where this new season takes these characters. And all of the 2017 Halloween costume inspiration we got from it.

Anuoluwapo Naomi Bamidele is a senior at UT. She is pursuing a major in Marketing and a minor in Film and Media Studies. Her favorite movies are Slumdog Millionare, Million Dollar Baby, Rocky, Titanic, Forrest Gump, The Dark Knight, and High School Musical. Two things you should really know about her are that she LOVES Jesus and one day her name, although unique,  will be known across households.  Follow her on twitter @QueenBamidele00 and Instagram @anuoluwapo.naomi.bamidele
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us