This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Late nights in the library, coffee fueled study sessions, pizza for every meal, and sweatpants to class. Sounds like finals week, right?

Finals week is possibly the worst week of the semester, but then many students get a nice break after.

But because finals are so stressful and studying takes a lot out of you, it’s important to not over work yourself. Here are some tips to try to stay as calm as possible before your big tests.

1. Sleep!

So many college students neglect sleep in order to cram as much information in as possible. But if you show up to your test half asleep, chances are you aren’t going to do well, no matter how much you studied.

2. Try to eat healthy

Yes, pizza is delicious, and yes, it is easier to order Chinese food. But, in your stressed-out state, the last thing you need is pizza three meals a day. Get a salad, have an apple, make a smoothie. However, you want to get nutrients, do it! Just make sure you are getting some.

3. Take 10-minute breaks

I have found that 10 minutes is perfect. It gives you enough time to step away and take a breath but you don’t have enough time to get too distracted. And do not reach for your phone! One thing leads to another and you are on it for 2 hours. Instead, take a walk, grab a snack or, talk to a friend.

4. Turn off your phone

This one is probably a given, yet so many people don’t do it. At least turn it on airplane mode or do not disturb.

5. If possible, try to not study in your room

Instead make your room a relaxing space! You can try to do this all year but especially during finals.

6. Make your room relaxing

My guess is that most people like their room and have made that space their own. In addition to that, light a candle or spray some relaxing room spray. I suggest anything with eucalyptus. Maybe throw on a face mask and breathe for a moment.

7. Know you are going to kill it

Have confidence, girl! You have been working hard, you are going to do amazing. P.S. for an extra confidence boost, stand in the Superman pose before you go into your test room (thank you Grey’s).

Good luck on finals everyone!

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us