I miss my Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

I miss my mom. I miss her so much it hurts some days. She is, without a doubt, one of my favorite people in the world. She made me, literally, but more importantly, she made me the person I am today. She raised me to be fearless, crazy, spontaneous, creative, and most importantly, she raised me knowing how to have fun even with the worst of tasks.

When I’m at home we’ll yell at each other from across the house and leave in a moments notice to do anything- lunch, shopping, go on a walk, or occasionally, buy last minute hockey tickets. But when you live about 1,000 miles from home for most all the year it’s hard to indulge in all those menial activities you take for granted when you’re only a few feet away. There are many days where I sit and wish I could just sit and have lunch with her, or even just tackle her on the couch barely big enough for one of us, but we seem to fit the both of us AND our two dogs. I am so thankful for facetime. I don’t know how I could exist without seeing her looks when I say something dumb, or how she lights up when my friends steal my phone, as Momma B is a fan favorite.

Do me a favor- call someone this week that means the world to you. It doesn’t have to be your mom, or even a parent. Call them and remind them how important they are and how you think about them. You can never remind anyone enough of these things.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us