This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday, and the music is one of the greatest parts about it. My deep love for this season is what fuels my desire to preserve and keep Christmas in its place. If we play Christmas music from October to January, then it’s not really Christmas music. Rather, it’s just fall/winter music! If EVERY DAY is Christmas, then NO DAY is Christmas. Or at least, that’s what I thought, until Australian singer-songwriter Sia blessed 2017 with an early Christmas gift.

Sia released her new Christmas album, Everyday is Christmas, on November 17, 2017, and the only thing better than a new Sia album, is a new Sia Christmas album. If Sia, one of the greatest artists of this generation, says its Christmas, then it is Christmas, no questions asked.

The album has as many fun festive songs as it does slow jams. “Candy Cane Lane” will make you feel like you’re in elementary school again, putting out cookies for Santa. “Santa’s Coming for Us” is another fun one that reflects some of Sia’s earlier, pre- “Chandelier” work. It also has the perfect feel for a music video featuring Maddie Ziegler, who is on the album cover. “Snowman” is the kind of slow ballad I can imagine Michel Bublé featuring doing a cover of. It’s the perfect song for a slow dance by the fire place in a room sparkling with Christmas lights.

The album doesn’t have any classic songs on it, which is challenging for a Christmas album, but if anyone can make it with all original material, it’s definitely this Grammy-award winning artist. So, put on your sweater, grab a cup of hot cocoa, and rejoice in the fact that Everyday Is Christmas!

Anuoluwapo Naomi Bamidele is a senior at UT. She is pursuing a major in Marketing and a minor in Film and Media Studies. Her favorite movies are Slumdog Millionare, Million Dollar Baby, Rocky, Titanic, Forrest Gump, The Dark Knight, and High School Musical. Two things you should really know about her are that she LOVES Jesus and one day her name, although unique,  will be known across households.  Follow her on twitter @QueenBamidele00 and Instagram @anuoluwapo.naomi.bamidele
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us