9 Most Stylish People at UT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

A misconception about college is that no one cares about their appearance around campus, and that we walk around in sweatpants and UGGs (or shorts and flip flops for us Floridians). There are still some students out there who care about their appearance. I was able to find some of UT’s most fashion forward students. Check out this list of the top fashionistas/fashionistos on campus (in no particular order)!

1. Iram Cesani

Your fashion influences: My father. He was a fashion model for years and was featured on an array of front covers. He passed this trait to all four of his sons, thankfully.

Favorite item in your closet: My collection of pea coats I had custom made when I studied abroad in Shanghai last semester with UT.

2. Julie Michelle Le

Your favorite stores: Nordstrom, NastyGal, Zara, Nike, Urban Outfitters

Describe your style: My style includes neutral tones, shift/day dresses with cardigans, and recently a lot of sportswear due to its convenience.

3. Phyolay Myint

Your fashion influences: Angelina Jolie, Miranda Kerr, Shay Mitchell, Coco Chanel and Hapa Time

Describe your style: I believe that the way a person dresses reflects their personality. I am always dressed for success and the way I dress emanates confidence. I would describe my style to be elegant, classy, and flattering for my body type. During the day I tend to wear more business appropriate outfits for class and meetings. I am consistently wearing darker colors, dresses with pearls and bold lipstick. You can never go wrong when you dress up because simplicity is elegance.

4. Jason Burgess

Your favorite stores: Salt Pines in Hyde Park Village and J. Crew

Favorite item in your closet: My Ted Baker cardigan

5. Dana Fortune

Your favorite stores: I’m guilty for going to the mall at least once or twice a week. I love places like H&M, UO, and Zara that have fun and fashionable clothing that are also classic, classy, and appropriate for each season. I am also a sucker for a nice pair of heels at Aldo.

Describe your style: I would describe my style as versatile because my wardrobe consists of various items that range from fancy going out clothes, to everyday maxi dresses and rompers, to sporty workout clothes that I wear to the gym.

6. Jazmine Gutter

Your fashion influences: I am influenced by everyone.

Favorite item in your closet: My BCBG leather pants, they go with everything.

7. Craig Laird

Your favorite stores: I shop at Zara and Topman, which they have at International Mall.

Describe your style: I’m British so I would describe my style as European. I wear a lot of fitted clothes and short, shorts. I’m definitely metrosexual.

8. Monique Terilli

Your fashion influences: Kylie Jenner, Gigi Hadid, bloggers: Marianna Hewitt and Jules Sarinana, Selena Gomez, and Dorothy Wang.

Favorite item in your closet: My Sam Edelman Yazmine heels and my Antalya Coin Collar necklace.

9. Alma Gomez

Favorite store: Lately since everything is becoming more expensive I like to shop at places like Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, Target and even K-Mart! I look at the clothes that I would like to have at expensive stores and then look for similar items at cheaper stores. I also shop in my roommate’s closet!

Describe your style: I would describe my style as kind of a mix of different ones now. Some days I feel girly so I’ll wear my floral kimono and others I’ll feel bohemian edge and wear my long open maxi with a chunky necklace. It just depends on what I feel on that day.

Julia Egbe-Monthe is a Senior at University of Tampa majoring in Marketing and minoring in Criminology. Her love for fashion, pop culture, and all things UT is what inspired her to join Her Campus. She currently serves as an Editor for her HC chapter. Follow her on IG: @yeahju