5 Inexpensive Cute Things to do for Your Roommate’s Birthday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

1. Post-it notes

Either leave them cute post-it notes all over your living space with reasons why they’re the best roommate or make a huge gesture by using the post-it notes to write “Happy Birthday!” If you really want to boos- it-up, combine the two in one!

2. Cute Little Plants

I am a plant lover. So, I love to decorate my space with succulents and flowers. A cute little succulent is a great inexpensive gift that can bring life to your room or just get a bouquet of whatever their favorite flowers are. Us girls are suckers for flowers.

3. Goody Jars

Get a couple of Mason Jars and fill them with their favorite candies, pictures, moisturizer, small candles, little notes, face masks, nail polish etc. Any little knick-knacks that you think your roommate might need or like will do. You could also print out or write down some quotes and fill the jar with them.

4. Origami Art

Whether it’s folding a hand written note into a heart shape or making a clothes string banner with origami tulips, these are great ways to step up what might be an average gift to a great gift. I do this a lot for my friends because you only really need paper, scissors, a ruler, and some markers or paint.

5. Food

This option is foolproof! Whether it’s coffee, ice cream, or acai, take your roomie out on a little birthday date and tell them this time it’s on you.

Claudia is a sophomore at The University of Tampa. As a Bio major on the Pre-Med track she's got her head buried in books most of the time. When she's not studying Darwin's theory of evolution and calculating the yield of chemical reactions she loves to do anatomical sketches, take pictures for her IG, write short stories and get involved in as much volunteer work as she can. Being Puerto Rican she's got a lot of drive and passion that she puts towards her goal of becoming a Neonatal surgeon.