10 Reasons We Love Our Dad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

This article goes out to all of the amazing dads out there! It’s time to give a big thank you to them for everything they do for us! Since we don’t tell them enough, here are 10 reasons why we love you, dads:

1. They carry all of our boxes into our dorm during move in day, then carry it out again at the end of the year. This new manicure is not about to get ruined from lifting boxes, so that’s what dad’s are for!

2. Dad’s are overly knowledgeable about sports. This means that they can teach us all the basics to impress cute guys and convince them we actually know who is in the Playoffs (Playoffs, World Series, Championship, Super Bowl, Final Four, or that World Cup thing? Whatever those even mean).

3. Is there a huge spider crawling on your wall? Just scream DAD!!!!!!!!!! He will be there in seconds with a shoe to kill it.

4. Your dad will be the first person to judge your newest crush and tell you that you can do much better. He will also sit with you and help you think of excuses of why you should dump him. But, dads are always right. No guy is good enough for his daughter.

5. Even though we are now “adults” our dad will still cook us dinner night after night. This doesn’t help us once we get to school, because cooking in our apartment is so much more effort than dad making it for us. Thanks for all those nights of ravioli, dad!

6. When the cable stops working in the middle of the day you can call your dad. Even though he is swamped with work at his job he will give you step by step directions on how to fix it.

7. Gas is getting so expensive. When your dad takes your car down the street for a quick joy ride, he also fills up the tank for you. Free gas = any college kids dream.

8. You can get your dad a tie for every birthday, Father’s Day, and Christmas and he will still appreciate it.

9. No matter how ugly your prom dress was or how much your makeup resembled a clown, your dad still told you how beautiful you looked.

10. Your dad gets you flowers on Valentine’s Day…because lets be honest you didn’t have a real date.

And most importantly: No matter how old we get, we will always be daddy’s little girls.