Which Pretty Little Liars Fashionista Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

For all our Pretty Little Liar fans, this post is definitely for you. It is clear to regular watchers that while PLL is known for danger, lying, and drama, is also has some killer fashion. Am I the only one thinking that nobody would get that dressed up every day for high school? I mean come on, who wears 5-inch heels to second period English? All joking aside, PLL definitely serves up a weekly dose of fashion for girls with all types of style.

For preppy girls, you probably lean more toward the look of Spencer Hastings. With her cardigans, penny loafers, oxford button downs, and riding boots, Spencer is definitely the clean-cut liar of the bunch. Her style is timeless, just like her optimistic, go-getter attitude. Spencer works hard and pushes herself, but never seems to make others feel below her intelligence level. Want to dress like Spencer Hastings? Here are our tips:

Go for closed toe shoes. Spencer likes to find a great closed toe shoe, weather it be a loafer, a flat, a sneaker, or other style, she can always be found wearing a fun shoe. Try pairing your favorite shoes with some patterned tights or over the knee socks for a different look, or with a great pair of cropped pants in any color!

Do a little something different with your hair. While spencer is known for her loose, flowing curls, she isn’t afraid to rock an up-do. Whether it’s a tight side braid or a structured low bun, Spencer keeps her hair pulled back and looking professional. Don’t have time to put together an up-do? Add a simple headband to your normal ‘do and you’re good to go!

Wear a leather strapped watch. Spencer is always on the go with school activities, and her watch is something we rarely see her without. Buy a classic watch with a smaller face and a nice, leather band to be on point with Spencer.

If you are a little edgier, but still like to play it safe sometimes, you might be a fan of Hanna Marin. Hanna likes bold colors but likes to stick to her girly side with sequins and rockin’ jewelry. Even though Hanna isn’t into school, she does make sure she is dressed to kill! Still fighting her insecurities from former days, Hanna has a go-with-the-flow attitude and always has her friends’ backs. If you want to look like Hanna, here are some ideas:

Jewelry is key. Hanna is excellent at pairing a simple outfit with the right jewelry to come out looking like a million bucks. Have a simple t-shirt and colored jeans that need to be spruced up for a night out with the girls? Try adding a big, bold statement necklace and some hoop earrings and you’ll be spot on.

Go for bold colored dresses. Never one to shy away from showing off her legs, Hanna is always ready for a night out with a great dress. Go for simple dresses with a bright, attention grabbing color. If it’s chilly outside, add a simple dark colored cardigan or blazer to finish off your look.

The higher the heels, the better. Even on an off day, Hanna is always found wearing the best shoes. If you aren’t one for walking in heels all day, opt for a wedge, which provides more support for your foot if you’ll be doing a lot of walking. Go for dark, solid colors that will match a lot of outfits in your closet; while her go-to is often closed toe, look for peep-toe heels or strappy wedges for summer months.

Are you sporty, laid back, and fun? If so, you probably like Emily Fields’ fashion sense. Emily is a go-getter like Spencer, but focuses her energy more on her swimming and other athletics over her academics. Emily has seen a lot of tragedy, but still manages to push on and help her friends through all the obstacles that are thrown in their way. Emily’s style is easy, here is our advice on how you can look like her:

Don’t be afraid to wear combat boots. Emily Fields has been known to rock her combat boots in several different ways. Whether she wears jeans and a t-shirt or shorts and her leather jacket, she knows how to make combat boots work. With jeans, try leaving your boots loose and open, while with shorts, see how they look laced up and more structured; the two different looks will transition well from day to night.

Invest in leather and denim jackets. Emily is frequently found wearing either her leather jacket or a cute denim jacket over a casual shirt. The leather jacket is perfect for days when you are feeling a little edgy, while the denim jacket is casual and relaxed while bringing a hint of structure and tying your outfit together. Either jacket can be worn during the day or night, so try looking for both and you’re right up Emily’s alley!

Rock those stripes! Stripes are one style Emily Fields has cornered the market on. Whether it’s a brightly colored tank top or a dark pullover sweater, a great deal of Emily’s outfits consists of stripes. Check Old Navy for great prices on striped shirts for all the seasons when building your Emily Fields wardrobe.

Last, but not least, the edgy girls who are constantly mixing and matching clothes to create new looks-the Aria Mongomery of the fashion world. Aria is probably the boldest of all the Pretty Little Liars girls, and her outfits often leave viewers stunned in a good way!). If you like to push the envelope and experiment with new styles, you’re style belongs in the category with Aria, and here are some of our tips to keep your style matching with hers:

Mix and match patterns. If you have a new floral peplum top you’ve been dying to wear with nothing to match, try thinking like Aria: pair it with floral pants! Aria is known for mixing and matching patterns of all kinds to make interesting and creative outfits. Don’t believe us? Check some of this year’s fashion week designers for their takes on patterns and get some more ideas!

Invest in boots. Even in warmer weather, it seems like Aria is always showing off another amazing pair of boots. Look for edgier pairs that are studded, heeled, or distressed to complete your outfit and make your legs look fabulous. Not sure where to look? Check DSW.com for hundreds of options over a wide price range!

Accessories are your friends. Whether it’s a shoulder length pair of feather earrings or a spider necklace as big as your fist, Aria’s accessories know how to impress. If you’re on a budget, check Forever21 for jewelry that will be spot-on with Aria’s style. Go for big earrings and even bigger/longer necklaces to make sure your outfit will impress.

It doesn’t matter if you love Aria’s fashion sense or Hanna’s, or anyone else’s from Pretty Little Liars. I think we can all agree that all four girls give us something exciting to look forward to—besides more clues to the identity of “A.” Now you know what to look for when the next episode comes on and when you head to the mall to fill up your Pretty Little Liars inspired closet!

Photo Credit (by order of appearance):

frillsandthrills.blogspot.com, Smallscreenscoop.com, aksworld.net, madisonjmonroe.tumblr.com, abcfamily.go.com, collegefashion.net, dixieplumpixie.blogspot.com, cdn.abcfamily.com

Emily is a senior at USFSP studying English Literature. She has been with Her Campus for one year and one month, and loves all the friends she has made by joining. Her hobbies include reading, spending time with friends, baking, and catching up on her favorite television shows. Her favorite thing about Her Campus is the ability to write about things that are relevant to girls her own age, as well as covering fun campus events. She looks forward to her last semesters of under graduate study and Her Campus USFSP.