Vamp up Your Back to School Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

We have all gone back to school already, but if you have realized that your wardrobe has been lacking in the cute department this school year, don’t panic! Here are five cheap items you could easily add to your closet to go from drab to fab: 

• Black Top $6 from H&M
  • White Top $6 from H&M
  • Cheetah Print Scarf $7 from H&M
  • Tribal Print Scarf $7 from H&M
  • Bright Colored Knee Length Dress $13 from H&M

Both the black and white tops are fantastic layering pieces and will totally look cute with both scarves listed. They are also great for putting statement necklaces on top of! Simple tops are awesome for putting under high- waisted skirts or shorts and pairing some cute flats that you might already have in your closet.

The scarves can be used with pretty much anything in your closet, and they are great for both the fall and winter months. The cheetah print scarf can really work with the warm clothes and accessories you may have like bronze arm cuffs, or gold hoop earrings. However, the tribal scarf would more than likely have a brighter selection of colors on it, allowing you to pair it with some of your bright colored accessories like a bold earring or ring.

Every girl should have at least one bright colored knee length dress in her closet. It should be casual enough to wear on a day to day basis around campus. This would be terrific to put a cute jean jacket on top of, or to synch together your midsection with a belt. Whether you decide to wear flats, or simple wedges, this dress will soon become a treasured part of your wardrobe.

Hope that this helped! Good luck in all your classes, and don’t forget that when you look fabulous you will feel fabulous.

Alana Long

Resources:

https://www.hm.com

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.  
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.