Treat Yourself! My Fav 3 Survival Kit Items

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

This week has been crazy! The energy on campus is off the charts as homecoming week is in full effect. Her Campus at USFSP is thankful for our back to school survival kit that has taken off some of the stress that being halfway done with the school year and midterms have put on us. Below are some of the products that have managed to make my life easier and more enjoyable.

The Cucumber Peel-Off Mask by Freeman Beauty is amazing! I had never used a peel-off mask before and didn’t know what to expect. To my surprise, it was really relaxing. It is important to spend time taking care of yourself, especially as a busy college student, I rarely have a spare minute to just breathe. So the other night, I decided to heck with it and applied this facial mask. It felt so soothing when I put it on. I had to wait for it to dry before I could peel it off which gave me the perfect excuse to watch a garbage TV show like Toddlers and Tiaras and eat popcorn. Basically, my Wednesday night was lit.

I have a confession; I don’t spend over four dollars on mascara. I never saw the point in spending a lot of money on a more expensive version because I felt like there wasn’t much of a difference. Well honey, was I ever wrong! We all know that this past week has been homecoming week at USFSP. Tuesday was the homecoming dance and therefore a perfect time to try out my new Rimmel Super Curler 24 Hour Mascara. I could completely tell the difference in how my lashes looked. My cheap mascara clumped my lashes together and made them look very dark. This mascara actually keeps my lashes nice and separated as they should be and gives them more natural look. Let’s just say, I won’t have a problem spending a little more from here on out.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times, the Forge Divide Mug by CamelBak is the best mug out there. The design just makes so much sense. It is so innovative to have the push-to-release system instead of a screw cap or push up straw. It makes it so much easier to control how much water comes out. If you are anything like me, you have definitely accidently spilled water all over your face from a screw cap water bottle. You feel like you’ve got everything under control but the next thing you know, you‘re drenched. I know that this product would never leave me embarrassed and dripping with water.

Thank you to Andrews McMeel Publishing, CamelBak, DivaCup, Flying Colors Apparel, Freeman Beauty, Juicy Couture, L’eggs, Maidenform, Monistat, Rimmel London, and Wearsafe!

HCXOXO

Alana Long

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.