The Time I Blindly Went to a MAGIC GIANT Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Like most people, music is an essential part of my life. In fact, when I started working at 16, it was purely to fuel my obsession with attending concerts. There is no feeling greater than hearing your favorite songs come to life right before your eyes. However, the people I listen to are pretty limited and I don’t devote as much time to trying to discover new artists that I would like to.

There are so many amazing artists out there that once you stumble upon them, you are almost mad because there is so much that you missed out on; that’s my exact feelings with MAGIC GIANT.

Usually I just listen to whatever is mainstream but a hidden genre that I really like is folk music and singer/songwriter. When I learned that is exactly the kind of music they make, I was elated.

For Safety Harbor’s Folk and Fruit Fest, MAGIC GIANT ended the festival with a fun and energetic performance.On a whim, my friends and I went to the concert and I had no clue who this band was. But my sense of adventure and music was the only persuasion I needed. Our seats were located right at the front of the stage so it was as if we were apart of the performance. Which at one point, we were, literally.

The bandmembers came down into the audience and sang an acoustic song with all their fans surrounding them. I have never been to a concert where the artist got down in the crowd and sang to them. Hats off to MAGIC GIANT.

After the performance the band met everyone at the merch table to personally hug and thank  their fans for coming out. After the energy that they brought to the stage, I couldn’t even imagine talking to a long line of fans, but they put their tiredness aside and rallied.

Me with MAGIC GIANT

The two friends I went to the concert with are also member of Her Campus and were very pleased with the concert.

“That was my first time seeing Magic Giant live and they were sooo fun to watch!! They have so much energy and are super engaging with the crowd. I couldn’t help but have a smile on my face while they were performing because I could tell they absolutely love what they are doing.” -Shayla Fajardo

Shayla with MAGIC GIANT

“Magic Giant is on the top of my list when it comes to stage presence. They’re one of those bands that make you forget about everything and just focus on the positive energy around you. I’ll be seeing  them for the 3rd time in December for 97X Next Big Thing. I can’t wait!” -Vanessa Rivera

Vanessa with MAGIC GIANT

If MAGIC GIANT ever performs near you I HIGHLY recommend you to see them. They make you forget about any of the troubles that you might have going on and encourage you to just have fun. These boys do nothing but radiate happiness and positivity. Their infectious smiles are what the world needs. Positive music and genuine talent can make anyone become instant fans, myself included.

Thank you, MAGIC GIANT for putting on such an amazing performance.

HCXOXO,

Imani Taylor

Hi! My name is Imani and I am a 21 year old Mass Communications major living in sunny Florida. I love traveling, listening to music and you, know, occasionally writing.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.