Things To Help Motivate You To Finish The Semester Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

I’m getting to that point in the semester where my stamina is slowly starting to run out.

From having my hardest semester ever yet (class-wise), to all of the responsibilities I have as I get ready for my new promotion at my job, getting ready for the dreaded finals week and to trying to have some sort of social life, it’s a lot to handle at times.

Whenever I get to this point in the semester where I’m finding myself more and more stressed, I have to give myself reasons to stay motivated and #pushthrough these last couple weeks of school.

Here’s some things that keep me motivated:

SUMMER!!!

Ugh, Summer is such an amazing time. If you’re like me, you can finally take a breather from all the stress and pressure of school and have such much deserved me time! Here’s some reasons why I’m excited for summer:

• I CAN SLEEP IN

• I get to be reunited with all my animals (my precious 12 year old puppy Molly and my four…yes four, cats #CatLadyForLife)

• I’m going to finally get my driver’s license and potentially a car!

• I can work on my much, much needed tan

• I’m only going to be taking one class, rather than the usual four I do during the school year

• I’M GOING TO SAM SMITH’S CONCERT

• I might get a summer job and make some s’moneyyy

• I’ll have more time to do the things I love like hanging with my friends and family, painting, working out, etc.

MOVIES

There’s some AMAZING movies coming out soon that I’m definitely going to #treatmyself too! Here’s some of my favorites that I’m excited for:

• The Quiet Place

• Avengers: Infinity War

• Mama Mia! Here We Go Again!

GRADUATION

Every semester you finish, the closer one is to graduating!! I’m so excited to graduate and start that next chapter in my life. I still have four more semesters, but hey, I’m almost there!

So there you have it! Those are some of my things helping me stay motivated until the very end of the semester!

What are some of yours?

HCXOXO,

Kelli Carmack

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.