Ten Ways to Be Stress Free

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Feeling stressed? I know for many of you the answer is YES! With midterms right around the corner, workloads increasing, not to mention the stresses of life outside of school, it is important to remember to RELAX. Try these 10 tips from Healthline to keep you stress free.

1) Listen to Music

Everyone has a favorite song or genre of music. So in those moments when you are thinking about screaming, take a moment and put on your favorite jam. Don’t forget to sing the words out loud and dance like no one is watching!

2) Call A Friend

When stressed sometimes it’s good to take a break and talk to a friend. Your friends know what it is like to be stress so they can give you some words of encouragement. They can also engage you in a conversation that can take your mind off your struggles.

3) Talk Yourself Through It

Remember, you have all it takes to accomplish your goals. When you find yourself doubting, give yourself a little pep talk. You can do it!

4) Eat Right

When you are overwhelmed it is easy to grab junk food as a meal substitute. STOP, put the cookie down and grab a yogurt. Eating healthy while you are trying to get things done helps you think more clearly and keeps you energized to get through the day.

5) Laugh It Off

You many have never heard of it but there is such a thing as laughing yoga. You start off fake laughing for a few minutes, and before you know it you’re laughing at the fact that you are laughing. So take a moment, let out a little giggle it is a great stress reliever and it is good for your health.

6) Try Tea

Now I know that many of you prefer to grab a cup of coffee in a stressful time, but try some tea. With a variety of flavors out there, you are sure to find the right one to calm you.

7) Be Mindful

It is easy to become swept away in all the things going on around you. It is an important for your own mental health to take a step back and regroup.

8) Exercise (event for a minute)

Being still can keep the creative juices from flowing. So take some time to get out of your stressful environment and just get to moving.

9) Sleep Better

It is probably 1AM and you are still up doing trying to get a pile of work done. Only so much coffee will keep you up for so long. Your body knows when it has reached its limit, so listen to it, regardless to how much is on your to-do list. Get some rest!

10) Breathe Easy

Take. A. Deep. Breath. Stress is what you make it. If you don’t let it take control of you, you can work through anything.

Bryana Perkins is a Mass Communications Major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She is originally from Philadelphia, PA., but has been living in Florida for ten years. Perkins will soon graduate and hopes to use her writing skills to work for a non-profit organization. She enjoys sports, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and spending time with her family and friends. Her favorite topics to write about are people and community. Perkins hopes her desire to write will impact people's lives in a positive.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.