This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

97X is an alternative radio station that throws one of the biggest music festivals in the Tampa Bay area. “Next Big Thing” will be welcomed back at the Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheater for its second year.

Previously held at Vinoy Park in Saint Petersburg, the festival has grown so large, the radio station relocated the festival to the amphitheater last year.

Image from 97Xonline.com

The musical lineup consists of fourteen bands. The festival will feature two local bands from the Tampa Bay area, MIROUX and The Infinite Eights. These two local bands will have twenty minute sets to open up the festival to some of the biggest bands.

This all day festival will be headlined by The 1975, a british band originally from Manchester U.K. Other headlining bands include The Head and the Heart, Kongos, and Phantogram.

Still need to purchase tickets? Visit the 97X website “(http://www.97xonline.com/nbt2016/)” to browse ticket prices starting at $30 for lawn tickets. If you purchase a lawn ticket, and you arrive early enough, you can upgrade your tickets to section 300, which is a seated level.

The festival will house two separate stages, the Clean Earth Systems Main Stage and the Pin Chaser’s Second Stage. The second stage will be all general admission, so you might want to arrive early and secure a good pit spot.

The festival will be this Saturday, December 3rd.

HCXOXO,

Vanessa

Hey, I'm Vanessa! Im a senior at USFSP majoring in Mass Communications. I hope you enjoy my writing that will be about literally anything and everything. My goal after college is to find a career in the entertainment or music industry. To make that happen, I'm currently planning a big move from sunny Florida to sunny California! Follow me on my journey through my writing, enjoy!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.